New Wood from Ukraine & Russia - Stabilized by K&G

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I am adding some new wood to our webstore that just came back from getting stabilized by K&G.
The first new batch is 5460 year old Ancient Bog Oak from the Ukraine.
They are flawless block of Bog Oak from Ukraine. They are extra large to work for large fighters or possibly 2 smaller knives. Beautiful black/charcoal coloring. The blocks were cut from a giant oak tree that died and fell into a swamp over 5000 years ago. As the wood was buried in mud and sediment it absorbed the minerals and turned this black color. The log this was cut from was carbon dated to be 5460 years old. A copy of the carbon dating report will be included with this block.

Click on the photo to go directly to the stabilized Bog Oak Blocks in the store.

The Bog Oak blocks are in the store now.
Next will be the wood from Russia.

These are blocks that were sent to me by knife makers in Russia. When they can get together a box of the good stuff they send it to me in trade for stabilized wood from around here. Karelian Birch was used to make the only Tiffany Egg that was made from wood. Very unusual wood.

Click the photo to go to the Birch blocks in our store.

Man some nice handles you have sitting there. I just sat here going, "oooh look at that", "oh and that one", ooooo look at that.

Back