Quantcast
A New Respect for Martha Stewart
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Respect for Martha Stewart

A New Respect for Martha Stewart

I was getting my hair cut today and saw in a Martha Stewart Living magazine (sept issue) that she uses Fujiwara Aritsugu knives. The article says that she has collected them over many years traveling to Japan. Here is a picture from the article.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-24.jpg‎
Views:	54
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	18038  
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    She's a very intelligent woman, so why not? ;-)

I want to see Mrs Stewart wielding the Soba Knife. Nice try, but these knives look barely used. No Patina on the petty? Hum. Personally I have respect for the Hard-working mogul (convict) but I aint buying this im I'm Miss Japanese knife bull ****. Nothing personal Drinky
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I want to see Mrs Stewart wielding the Soba Knife. Nice try, but these knives look barely used. No Patina on the petty? Hum. Personally I have respect for the Hard-working mogul (convict) but I aint buying this im I'm Miss Japanese knife bull ****. Nothing personal Drinky
    They could have been polished for the article? Appearance is everything, and while a dirty, patina'd knife is appealing to you and I, it may not be to the average consumer.

"She uses rusty knives?!"

I think you're reading into a mere picture a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I'm not a patina person.....I polish all my carbon knives at end of day when I used them, just like most Japanese chef do
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Those knives don't look that spotless/pristine to me. Shrug

C'mon, do you really see her as someone who appreciates patina on her knives? I have not seen her shows often, but always thought of them as almost clinically clean and aseptic, why would she let her knives get 'dirty'?

Stefan

With what are you disagreeing. You mean you DO think they look spotless in the pic supplied. I was just saying how they look to me, and no, I can't see her being a patina appreciator. lol

Oops, sorry, that was more a general comment and not aimed directly at you.

Stefan

No biggie. I was just curious if you thought the knives didn't look fairly well used. Whether she can use a Soba knife is neither here nor there to me. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me. She does so many things well.

+ Reply to Thread