Chuckles Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What a difference a year makes.

I noticed I have been hanging out here for a year so I think it is time to start a collection thread. This can serve as a warning to new members.

Before KKF and then One Year After KKF:

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Pic One: Mac Ceramic Rod, F Dick Micro Super Fine, F Dick Cleaver, CCK 1303, Forschner Bread Knife, Suisin High Carbon 270 Gyuto, Misono Dragon 240 Gyuto, Kikuichi 270 Suji, Masahiro Usuba, Mac utility/line knife, forschner boner, messermeister boner, mac morning knife, ?

Pic Two: Random home made sayas, F Dick Cleaver, Patina on ODC Dexter Russell, 300 Tojiro Yanagi, Fowler 270 Suji, Mario 260 Gyuto, Kaneshige 240 Deba, Martell 240 Gyuto, Misono Dragon 240, Sakai Yusuke 210 Petty, Carter 180 Funayuki, Tojiro boner, Takeda banna bunka, ODC boner, Uncle Mr. Drinky B-day present to my son, 3 Forgcraft projects for my cooks. 3 or 4 missing.

And best ever transaction on KKF - Traded a bone saw and meat hook for a waterford crystal lowball glass that showed up with a clown figurine. :doublethumbsup:

I will post pics of individual knives when they are in picture worthy form.

Man, that's awesome. If that's a year upgrade -- imagine 10 years ;)

Actually, that is a great idea: a before and after shot. I wish I had thought of that.

k.

Oh oh... Wood block and knife blanks... Damn rabbit hole forked again?

Yeah. Sander and drill press in the garage. I would say that y'all really are terrible influences except none of you have ever hit on me or offered me hard drugs. So I think it might actually be ok. :)

You've been busy, and those pics dont even cover what you've bought and already sold.

Ah yes...... the sickness begins to take hold!!! Captain, it must be the dilithium crystals, she just won't take anymore! She's going to blow. Scotty, get a hold of your self, buy another guyto and everything will be ok. :biggrin:

A few that have passed on.

The mighty Kato 270 and Konosuke Fujiyama 270 and 210. Now that I am working on a fall menu I miss the Kato everytime I look at root vegetables. Carbon steel + beef blood = fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tojiro Shirogami 300 Yanagi and Dexter Russel massive 70's chef. When the dexter showed up at work it literally came in the door at the same time as the halibut. Gotta love serendipitous new knife day fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Blocks are for the forgie projects? or something else in the mix?

To be honest, I can't seem to figure out how to send pics by PM on my iPad. Used this thread instead. Buckeye is in the mail and bound for Mr. Martell. I have never chosen wood for a handle before and am excited to see how it turns out.

CPM154 250mm edge length 47.5mm heel height

Very thin and extremely light. Feels almost like a petty but the cutting characteristics are unmistakably Mario. Best knife I have used for detail work and fish.

Hey Big Spender!
You been holding out on us!

Mario is a beast. I know own 2 and absolutely love them to bits. id really love to try a Mario in carbon though have you used one or does he even do carbon?

Back