Quantcast
Best Knife Show(s) for Kitchen Knives?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Knife Show(s) for Kitchen Knives?

Best Knife Show(s) for Kitchen Knives?

Btw, I like having a separate sub-forum for the knife-get-togethers and shows. Good job forum masters.

With that said, if I were to plan for one or maybe two knife shows (in the US or Canada) to go to that would have a good gathering of kitchen knife makers, which would those be? Someone said the Atlanta show was worth it, and I know Delbert was talking about the Badger show.

It helps to have lead time to plan for these things.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I think this is the place to be

Murray Carter & Stephan Fowler go to Blade (probably Michael Rader too), Takeda goes to NYCKS (and some others), Watanabe seems to be hit or miss for a few in the US, and Delbert Ealy does the Badger show in WI. You might find a US maker that sells kitchen knife shaped objects sometimes at these shows too but that's about it, very slim pickins for kitchen knives

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Btw, I like having a separate sub-forum for the knife-get-togethers and shows. Good job forum masters.

It's all Jim, he's the brains behind it all!

you mean other then the ECG
    blade is about it tho
    i only do about 3 shows a year ( do i count the ECG as a show?) i have been to the easton show a few times and the MD knife show

I think Burke also go to Blade.
    Devin went to AG Russels knife event last year: http://www.knifeevent.com/

I know

Carter
    Burke
    Devin
    Pierre
    + some of the japanese knifemakers are attending NKKE in september this year.

Impressively pointed
    The NCCA 2 day show in Mystic,Conn has a few guys who are serious about Kitchen knives . It's usually at the end of April .
    Butch this is a show you should look into . It's always a good time , and not too far from you .

NKKE? Sorry, I am bad with acronyms.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    NKKE? Sorry, I am bad with acronyms.

k.
    Norwegian Kitchen Knife Event

You should come

I have family in Fetsund, maybe I should.

k.