Quantcast
Watching the Master at work...Kramer - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Master at work...Kramer

Quote Originally Posted by 454Casull View Post
    What I didn't like was that he wears gloves when using a bench grinder.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    Why?
    Glove could get caught and pull your hand into grinder, would be my guess.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Yeah it is bad practice to use gloves on any stationary rotating equipment.

I confess that I sometimes use gloves with a grinder . Judging from the shape of his hands, I can understand why he does.

Kramer just put on a two hour demonstration today at the Western Blacksmith Conference in Mt. Hood, Oregon. It was a pretty great demonstration and I'm sorry I don't have any photographs from it.

I use gloves with all of my grinders. I happen to like my skin intact and undamaged as one complete organ. Unless its a heat treated blade. At that point, when I say 'ouch!' (human skin feels pain from temperature at 115°F to 130°F...WAY below tempering temperature) its time to dunk it again lol.
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
    Kramer just put on a two hour demonstration today at the Western Blacksmith Conference in Mt. Hood, Oregon. It was a pretty great demonstration and I'm sorry I don't have any photographs from it.
    Dang went to the ABS one in Ohio
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Dang went to the ABS one in Ohio
    It was really cool. Murray Carter showed halfway during the demonstration and talked with Mr. Kramer afterwards. It was awesome to see two of the greatest kitchen knifemakers in the world discussing their craft with each other.

Did Murray tell Kramer that his profiles are junk? Or did Kramer tell Murray to jack his prices up and make way less knives a year? Or am I just fecking exhausted and drunk?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Definitely the latter! After the demonstration they talked for a long time and even took pictures with each other. It believe Murray Carter was also translating for two guests. I heard they were from the steel factory that produces the SG2 for the Kramer Zweilling line.