Help knife and stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackice

Reaction score
hello i want to buy a knife and a stone for my best friend, he is a professional chef like me. I have a Misono UX10 and a carbonext and he likes a lot. My idea is to buy a VG10 and a stone 1000/4000. I had thought of a Gyuto 210 mm, but has a global oriental knife, so I think that a Japanese slicer 240 mm perhaps it would be better. My budget is 150 Euros, about $ 200. If I spend a little less is better :))) any advice?

As you mention a budget in euros I guess you live in Europe. To avoid high shipping costs -- and perhaps custom duties -- have a look at
Japanesechefsknife.com.
A Fujiwara FKM 240 (stainless) or FKH (carbon) would be my choice. VG-10 is a great steel when properly heat treated, or particulary nasty when not. I can't suggest others than the JCK Kagayaki and the Hattori FH, but both are largely beyond your budget.
Have a basic Naniwa combination stone 1000/3000 for €35 with
edenwebshops.de, .fr or whatever.

Well, if you're thinking about offering a UX-10, nothing wrong with that. Have a look at the shipping conditions though, and expect a bill by your national customs as well. Generally, we see them highly overpriced, but this seems very tempting.
I would add that a 240mm is much more appropriate to a pro use.

A good knife is worthless if you cant maintain it. Nevertheless good deal through rakuten global. Where are you located?

this knife is for my best friend. I'would buy vg10+stone...but it is difficult with this budget

Latest posts

Back