Quantcast
White Queso Dip Recipe - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White Queso Dip Recipe

make a basic medium bechamel sauce recipe and add shredded jack cheese and some type of chilies to it and a little bit of chili powder still well until the cheese is melted and smooth and you should be good to go
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Julian, you can make it in a double boiler over gentle heat, it won't break. There are recipes that use pepper jack, Monterey Jack, even cream cheese in addition to white American. Expensive American cheese is still pretty cheap.

Alright, so, use jack cheese, experiment with adding flour, and stir over low heat to maintain texture.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes --Marcel Proust--

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Nell View Post
    Alright, so, use jack cheese, experiment with adding flour, and stir over low heat to maintain texture.
    I would try the bechamel sauce mentioned above. If I was making one from scratch without a recipe, that's probably how I would start it. Plus it's good to know how to make it since you can use it for other things.

If not using the bechamel sauce route, try simmering milk and whisk in the flour before adding the cheese. Adding the flour to melted cheese would prolly not end so well for the dip or diners.

Sounds good.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes --Marcel Proust--

Let us know how it turned out for ya.

I will when I find the time to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    make a basic medium bechamel sauce recipe and add shredded jack cheese and some type of chilies to it and a little bit of chili powder still well until the cheese is melted and smooth and you should be good to go
    Sorry for the delay. A little while ago, I made some using this method, and it turned out great! Thanks for the help everyone.

Awesome to hear.
    It only hurts til the pain goes away........

+ Reply to Thread