NYC get together

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrud

Founding Member
Reaction score
So Jim and I discussed this the other day. A lot of us leave in close proximity to NY. Jim mentioned dinner at a members restaurant or just get together in general.. So lets get the ball rolling....

man... you guys are going to make me start thinking about flying out to NY :(

I just wish i had the time/money

Dang, I am opening a new restaurant in NY this week. Will get a day off on Sunday if it can happen that quickly I can make it work. (Who am I kidding, I'm not getting a day off). :hungry:

Dang, I am opening a new restaurant in NY this week. Will get a day off on Sunday if it can happen that quickly I can make it work. (Who am I kidding, I'm not getting a day off). :hungry:

So lets come to you!

i live in nj so depending on the time/and cost i could definately make it.....so where r we goin?????????????????????....ryan

I should be able to make some of these.

Or you NYC area guys should rent a party bus and come to Firebox in Hartford! haha

I think I will make some of these.
John, one of these days, I will visit Firefox. I am in Hartford area every other week.

M

I think I will make some of these.
John, one of these days, I will visit Firefox. I am in Hartford area every other week.

M

Haha, firefox is a browser. We are Firebox. The building used to be a foundry. We actually have a plaque in the kitchen we got for "best hidden gem" or something along those lines where they made the same typo.

Haha, firefox is a browser. We are Firebox. The building used to be a foundry. We actually have a plaque in the kitchen we got for "best hidden gem" or something along those lines where they made the same typo.

:)

I'm only 30 min from the city. My days off are either Mon or Tues.

May be able to get some people to a friends and family event on Tuesday the 7th from 12-1 and again from 6-7pm. Still working out details. Nothing high end, just burgers (but dang good ones). Opening smashburger, the first in NY. Location is in Brooklyn just a little past the Brooklyn bridge. If there is an interest let me know and I will see what I can work out with the owner.

May be able to get some people to a friends and family event on Tuesday the 7th from 12-1 and again from 6-7pm. Still working out details. Nothing high end, just burgers (but dang good ones). Opening smashburger, the first in NY. Location is in Brooklyn just a little past the Brooklyn bridge. If there is an interest let me know and I will see what I can work out with the owner.

I'll come for lunch that day or another!

I'm always pressed for time & money but I'll try my best to get in on at least one of these.

maybe the tunasword can go on tour (kelly said she wanted to got to NYC

Okay, so here is the deal if anyone has anytime off.. I am opening a smashburger concept here in NY. We are doing a friends and family event tomorrow, 6/7. We have two separate events- one from 11:30am-1pm and the second from 5:00pm-6:00pm. Let me know if anyone is interested so I can get you on the list. Also, there is a limited amount of space for a VIP event on Wednesday from 6-9. Let me know if anyone is interested in that. Sorry about the lateness of the message, opening a restaurant if difficult, even for a burger flipper, and I have not had much time to keep up.

The restaurant is in Brooklyn at 74 Dekalb ave.

Enjoy, Matt

I am new to the forum but would love to check this out...especially considering I live on DeKALB AVE

Sorry I missed this, kalaeb; not that I had off those nights. So, are you in NYC or salt lake city? I'm down for a NYC get together. Kind of doubt anyone wants to have it at the restaurant they work at lol How many people are interested? I have off every sunday. Depending on how many prospective people we may have, I will through some location suggestions out there...

Bump, stop being lazier than I am! Let's chill homies...

I got line cooked in my neighborhood... let's go to Robertas, I love that ****** place... Off the hook pizza, good menu (a bit overpriced, but refreshingly different!) and nice wine and beer selection. Community style seating as well as outdoor seating. Heritage Foods also broadcasts their radio show here which is very interesting... Very cool space and the picnic style seating would be perfect for a gathering

http://www.robertaspizza.com/

I live in Virginia nowadays. I'm actually coming up to NYC this weekend but I think most of my time is blocked off sadly.

I have a friend who works in Norfolk virgina that I worked with for awhile in NYC... Is that near you? How often do you come up? It's time for me to drag his ass up here too...

Norfolk is around an hour 15 or so from me, depending on traffic. I go up to the city probably 3-4 times a year.

I am off this thursday and friday anybody down for something?

We had a guy no call/no show this past saturday, and hasn't been heard from since, so I don't know if and when I have days off this week.

Latest posts

Back