Must love Jeeps

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Fed

Reaction score
I stated in another thread that I've been really busy lately, and this is just one of the projects I've got going on. The floor pans in my jeep Cherokee were rotten, in particular the passenger side and seeing as I had a week off from work I had to get started on the jeep loving.
InjPdfd.jpg

DGFMxic.jpg

qnhkGK8.jpg

All tacked in.
ExdEc8Y.jpg

And if any of you weld no comments on the quality of my work please ;-) its been five or more years since I've welded let alone in such cramped quarters in the heat here in fl.
xSthx6K.jpg

That definitely qualifies as rotten -- and a nice improvement.

I just bought an '07 GC with the V8 and QT2 4WD -- bought it before moving out of Texas, and brought it up to northern Indiana in hopes that it will stay reasonably rust free and dependable in the snow. Love it so far.

That definitely qualifies as rotten -- and a nice improvement.

I just bought an '07 GC with the V8 and QT2 4WD -- bought it before moving out of Texas, and brought it up to northern Indiana in hopes that it will stay reasonably rust free and dependable in the snow. Love it so far.

If they salt the roads like they did when I was up in Michigan then you will need to wash it on a regular basis especially in the winter time.

Oh, for sure -- but I'm already pretty well ahead with a Texas truck. It's amazing how bad an 8-10 year old car starts to get.

K-Fed, what year is yours?

Nice work setting the pans and Not to bad welding either .

Sam

Looks good !~ Crazy unibodies seem so cheap though. You've gotta have more work into it if you're going through this trouble. How about a side shot.

Looks good !~ Crazy unibodies seem so cheap though. You've gotta have more work into it if you're going through this trouble. How about a side shot.

I don't have much in the way of mods, but it does have sentimental value. It belonged to my pops before I bought it from him, plus it's the only 2 door cherokee with that old boxy body that I've ever seen. Everything else on the thing is in great shape, no frame rust very little other rust aside from the floor pans, runs great. It would be difficult to part with it and floor pan replacement it pretty cheap if you diy. Just gotta put in some sweat equity. That being said I do want to mod it a bit in the near future.

Back