Quantcast
FS: Kato & Watanabe - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FS: Kato & Watanabe

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I'm not receiving notifications lately, or proper PM's, don't know what the deal is, sorry I missed this. The new place is called Salvage BBQ(the name is a long story). Saturday is the party for friends and family. Sunday is the shite show grand opening. I'm gonna try to find the time to post some pics soon here. Although I have so many other things to post and deal with might be a bit. Still need to try and get that damn charcuterie thread off the ground. Not enough time!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!
    wish i could be there.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Yep, sounds like someone that works in a restaurant.
    Amen brother... I wake up every other hour(out of the 4-5 I might see in a night) thinking I've forgotten to order or prep another 200# of protein, and keep mixing up who's working which restaurant and what I need them to prep... Sleep isn't my best friend lately.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    wish i could be there.
    Wish you could too Jacob. You should spend some time up here when you get a break from school. Easier said than done, I know. But still
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Wish you could too Jacob. You should spend some time up here when you get a break from school. Easier said than done, I know. But still
    both my wife and I would love to! Unfortunately, break from school means both as a student and a staff member, and it's tough. :-\ I do have nearly 500 hours of vacation accrued, however, and soon I'll start to have to take it in week long blocks. Maybe one of those blocks will be when I have money.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    both my wife and I would love to! Unfortunately, break from school means both as a student and a staff member, and it's tough. :-\ I do have nearly 500 hours of vacation accrued, however, and soon I'll start to have to take it in week long blocks. Maybe one of those blocks will be when I have money.
    Cheers to that! Be sure to give me a shout if you do head up this way. You won't want for smoked meats!

congrats on the sale, i'd like to point out that the watanabe pro blue steel is something special!! i hope that you treat yourself to another wat down the road.

i was lucky enough to get a quick viewing of savage bbq prior to its opening, saw the custom smoke machine and there were short ribs (what!? heck yeah!!) getting happy inside which definitely caught my attention, very excited to eat there when i visit again. culinary scene in portland (maine) is booming for sure.

ps, enjoyed the hell out of local 188, that scallop appetizer, just mmmmmmmMMMmmmMMmm.

Good luck with the opening. I've done it three times now and unless you do it its hard to understand everything that goes in. Hope all goes well.

+ Reply to Thread