Which cable do I need for iPhone?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm looking for a cable for my iphone 5 ...I was looking at

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E5O1GL4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I don't understand what the difference is between lightning 1. Lightning 2 etc.....I need the plug with a USB on one end to go to the plug in eh wall and the 30 pin connector on th ether end for the phone....thanks for any help....don't wanna get he wrong plug....Ryan

P.s....the only reason I need a new plug is cause the wife sucked mine up in th evacuation and ruined it!

Last edited by a moderator:
lightning is what you use on a 5. the 30 pin is for all previous models of the iphone. and the 1m and 2m is length so 1meter or 2 meter length.

To expand a bit more on this, lightning is the name of the pin on the end of the cable for iphone 5, and the thirty pin is the plug for iphone 4, you can buy a lightning to 30 pin adapter which is useful for when you upgrade to a iphone 5 and still have dozens of chargers for all of your previous iDevices.

For iphone 5 I would hesitate to buy cables and plugs that weren't apple branded - aside from some issues that I've had personally, there has been talk of future operating systems not recognising non-Apple cables and not allowing them to be used to sync with the computer, although they will always work for just charging.

Back