Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Okay, I'm old, what is the feedback thing?

i'm not feeling this feedback thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDispossessed View Post
    i'm not feeling this feedback thing.

This forum seems to work just fine based on the quality of the community as a whole. I think that if there was a problem it would have been noticed by now...

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    This is a new thing right? Glad it's kind of hidden. Way too social media BS.
    x2

Cheers
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Remember when we all talked to each other, and trusted each other?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

oh wait! We always do that!

Nevermiiiiiiiind...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

now I feel like a complete jack ass, it's posted on our avatars? what. the. FECK?!?!?!?

OK, I will say probably 75% or more of the action on the BST's is from long standing members. This whole feedback thing insinuates that we need policing. I'm a firm believer that people are inherently good by nature. I think the common affinity we have brings us even closer together.

This feedback score is not warranted, is not needed, and is going to be much more problematic than anything that will ever come about from the BST's in the first place. Why?

I'd like to hear from someone who's had a bad experience on the BST's and wished they has a venue to share their experience, because thus far, it's foreign to me.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    OK, I will say probably 75% or more of the action on the BST's is from long standing members. This whole feedback thing insinuates that we need policing. I'm a firm believer that people are inherently good by nature. I think the common affinity we have brings us even closer together.

This feedback score is not warranted, is not needed, and is going to be much more problematic than anything that will ever come about from the BST's in the first place. Why?

I'd like to hear from someone who's had a bad experience on the BST's and wished they has a venue to share their experience, because thus far, it's foreign to me.

+1

One of the biggest reasons I take part in this forum, is the unwritten rule, RESPECT. This kind of thing diminishes the experience, and makes me wonder if the forum is being prepped for another purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    +1
    makes me wonder if the forum is being prepped for another purpose...
    Soylent-hitachi is people!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Jim wrote Our operating philosophy has always been as a community, each transaction will be perfect or it will be the last one made by those person/ s, any feedback that is not as such would be rendered surpurfulous. While we have had many thousands of posts in the BST we have had precious few issues to deal with. As we grow I hope that this will remain the case.
    Which is what most people here have pretty much stated.
    Do I think it is needed? Pretty much not at the time. But I can see this place getting very busy and needing something like this. Not sure the feelings of the Mod's on this either.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    So, there doesn't have to be any proof of interaction to give feedback? I can easily see this becoming some sort of popularity contest with people checking scores instead of just communicating with another person. ...... free bacon for anyone who gives me positive feedback. ... oh hell, free bacon for the negative and neutrals too. Everyone should have nice porky things.
    Free nice porky things will get a lot of positive feedback