• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S HHH Knives 24 cm AEB-L gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A beautiful gyuto handled in mammoth ivory by custom knifemaker Randy Haas. Very lightly used and never sharpened, only stropped.

Randy says this about the handle: "This material is very durable and makes amazing knife handles. It is smooth as silk to the touch, Yet has a unique gription that is superb. The feeling of this material is like nothing else you will ever feel. Over time the natural oils from your hands as well as the foods you prepare will allow the ivory to patina and more of its natural character will start to show."

The blade measures 240 mm from tip to heel, made of AEB-L.Hardened to Rc 61.

The spine is 2.75 mm at the heel tapering to 1 mm a inch behind the tip.

Measures 47.5mm tall at the heel

Convexed, right-hand grind.

The mammoth ivory handle is secured with copper pins and a single mosaic pin.

$625 includes insured shipping inside CONUS and PayPal fees.

Now I'm really pissed that we are running a little lite on funds! crap! What a beautiful knife! I can tell you right now, if I could, I would by this knife immedietly. GLWS! GOD I wish it was me.

If my slot on Randy's list wasn't coming up in a few months, I would be buying!

reminds me of a far more beautiful nenox

yes I meant it's got some things that strike me as similar (handle shape, especially the slight downturn at the butt end, profile and blade height, etc.). It's a gorgeous knife. GLWS

What the? I thought this sold a long time ago. It's mammoth ivory!

Its nice to see this one again. I just love the way it turned out! There's something awesome about mammoth ivory that just turns me on. lol Yes I know. Im sorta CRAZY! Yet when its polished out and highly contoured like this, its got the "IT" factor for me! Something that pictures just cant capture.. A warmth and that cool grain and details of the ivory. :dazed:

The pins are copper with copper and brass mosaic pin. The blade is AEB-L Heat treated and cryogenic treated and tempered to a RC of 61 There is a sweet Black white black liners between the ivory and the tang. rounded spine and choil.

I would also offer to do a once over. Sharpen, thin the blade if necessary and go over the handle. Making it like NEW! All this for free. Just so I can fondle it again!! :happy1:

Blessings
Randy!

You are a dirty man Randy

Its nice to see this one again. I just love the way it turned out! There's something awesome about mammoth ivory that just turns me on. lol Yes I know. Im sorta CRAZY! Yet when its polished out and highly contoured like this, its got the "IT" factor for me! Something that pictures just cant capture.. A warmth and that cool grain and details of the ivory. :dazed:

The pins are copper with copper and brass mosaic pin. The blade is AEB-L Heat treated and cryogenic treated and tempered to a RC of 61 There is a sweet Black white black liners between the ivory and the tang. rounded spine and choil.

I would also offer to do a once over. Sharpen, thin the blade if necessary and go over the handle. Making it like NEW! All this for free. Just so I can fondle it again!! :happy1:

Blessings
Randy!

Blessings
Randy!

Could it be made 50/50 ish so its more lefty friendly? haha just kidding. Seriously, I'm surprised this is still available...

-Chuck

I'm surprised it took so long! Randy makes some top notch cutters imho. And I must admit I was trying to figure out a way to make this babe mine!

Latest posts

Back