Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hyper-decanting - Anyone try it?

Tradition, Tradition!! Seriously I doubt that it actually oxygenates, and I don't care for overly oxidized wines. That's why red wines go bad after a day unless surrounded by inert gas. But please do whatever you want with yours.......

A friend of mine does that when he kills Aussie Shiraz in its infancy and I thought he had gone mad, but he swears by it. I never tried it myself. If I only knew in what storage box the blender was...

Stefan

Obviously if you're going to use this method it involves ingesting the wine within hours of using said procedure. Excess oxidation kills wines overnight. Not within hours. If you're only cracking a bottle for a glass or two, the gas method of preservation is best in my opinion.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Seriously I doubt that it actually oxygenates
    I'm guessing you don't have a strong science background...

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I'm guessing you don't have a strong science background...
    Gonna have to side with Jacob on this one.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

this is awesome, thanks for exposing me to this method!

I wonder how that process would work with some Wild Turkey 101?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
    Well, if we're going to throw tradition to the wind....bourbon enema anyone? I'll take mine on the rocks.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
    Probably not Wild Turkey. But I was thinking about trying it with a wheated bourbon, which often benefit from some air. Maker's Mark, Larceny, Old Weller Antique, Weller 12 year old, Jefferson's Presidential Select, any of the Pappy Van Winkles, William Larue Weller, some of the Vintage and older Michter's releases, etc. Probably should try it with some OWA or W12 first though, just cost wise. A common practice for Weller 12 is to save the empty bottle of the one you just finished and when you get a new one, put half of it in the empty bottle. Then let them sit for weeks or months or whatever and let them oxidize or oxygenates or whatever it is that happens to them. Then consume.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Whatever! Instead of needless rude childish comments, perhaps you could try simply being ok that someone has a different opinion.

FYI. I graduated with distinction from an Ivy League College and majored in molecular biology followed by a top medical school.