Quantcast
Upgrade from Misono 440 recommendations - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade from Misono 440 recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Erilyn75 View Post
    The hubby is having heart palpitations over my knife addiction and told me to get one that I really like and stay with it lol.
    Sorry that's just not how this thing works. I agree, if this is it, save some more and get one that you may be able to stick with. Anything available at the $250 point won't be "THAT" knife I'm afraid.

Can I get a custom for that amount? Every one I've seen is $1k or more.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Honestly I agree with the above who mentioned saving up more money but if I was you I would order a custom from one of the makers on this board and be done with it.
    Yup
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

Well I knew the re handle would be about $200 so I was factoring that into my calculations. If I can get a custom for around $450/$500 then that would be even better.

There's still 2 more knives I want to add to my collection. A slicer and nakiri because I think they are cool. First I have to get my forever knife and smooge up the hubby for more steel. He asked me tonight why I couldn't be like a normal wife and just ask for a purse or jewelry lol

"Whichever knife I get I want it to be my "forever" gyuto"

"get one that I really like and stay with it"
    Riiiiiiiiiiigghhhhhhtttt.....
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

At that price range, I'm going to push for the Tanaka Ironwood. Beautiful knives with a nice handle to boot. Here's a pic I found of an etched one from the old forum.

Can I get a custom for that amount? Every one I've seen is $1k or more.
    you have many choice of custom knife for around $~500(mostly wa-handle only)....price will rise up if you want some fancy handle! problem is loooooooooooong waiting time. Martell gyuto is good choice for western handle custom knife.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Wait- he's weirded out that you want cool stuff that does something over stuff that does nothing except be pretty?!? (No offense to any jewelry makers on the forum...)
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

you also might want to pinpoint what exactly it is you want in a knife that you feel your not getting in the misono. if memory serves the steel isnt too hard at all so it should be pretty easy to sharpen and get pretty sharp. when you say you want to get a sharper knife, well the sharpness depends on you. i like the gesshin kagero suggestion if youre going to stick to your current budget. if you can save $300 or more alot more options will open up for you.

What makes you so sure about the western handle? A wa- would increase your options dramatically.
    -Matt

+ Reply to Thread