JNS 800 Discount !!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
I really want you all to try my NEw JNS 800 Stone

So i putting it on limited discount !! I have 9 in stock now and when they are out of stock, discount is over :)

Fallow to the Sale Section !!

[video=youtube;L9-Eo71TTZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-Eo71TTZE[/video]

anyone here in OZ want one? we can order together and crack the 1000 DKK line!

Good Idea !! :doublethumbsup:

As i can see 4 stones qualify for Free Shipping

anyone here in OZ want one? we can order together and crack the 1000 DKK line!

I keep telling myself that I do not need another stone as I just received 3 stones from Jon ... but I feel so attracted by large stones ... :sad0:

Since Maxim has given his blessing, anyone in the US interested in a group buy? I'll buy 4 stones, and even split the cost of shipping to make it happen.

Ok Last Batch left !!
Thanks spaceconvoy :D

2 left :doublethumbsup:
Thanks to Oz guys !!!

looks like it may be too late but I'd be in for a usa group buy

I just found 3 more in my showroom :D
So they are up online now

Nope, not too late for the USA group buy. I just decided to pull the trigger before getting any other buyers :) I'm impatient, yes... Anyone else PM me for details.

I will Ship tomorrow, so there is still time for us group buy :)

Still have one more stone up for grabs in the US groupbuy. They're currently in transit over the Atlantic, but not too late to get in on this deal - splitting all costs 4 ways for a total of $67.40 / stone :eek2:

That was faster than expected - three people just messaged me, so last stone is gone... I guess the weekend isn't the best time to start a groupbuy.

This afternoon received a parcel and woot can I say ?

3 DAYS 3 DAYS 3 DAYS - Its absolutly insane fast shipping !!!

Normal(past) delivery way - is about 20-40 days for shipping.
ty :whistling:

About stone:
not checked yet.
but outside and touch appears ordinary.
soft and porous, like beston 500.
Just should to try and type my view after.

This round, DHL (particularly DHL Australia) delivered the service. Given that the package was posted Monday night our time, it arrived at my door Thursday midday. Haven't received a package from Maxim this quick for a long time, but most usual, a delay on DHL Australia part.

Had a chance to try the stone a bit with my Sakai Takayuki usuba. The very first impression is, this stone is big; bigger than JNS 1k which is already bigger than nestor 1.2k. This is a plus for me as thin stone wear down, it is a bit more cumbersome to use with stone holder i.e. have to find a way to lift the sharpening surface up somehow. And it is a drinker, after 30 minutes soak, it produces some bubbling noise when I pull it up to start sharpening.

Now for some usage, I can only give a quick comparison to other stones that I have within this range: JNS 1k, bestor 700, bestor 1.2k, and king 800.

Hardness: JNS1k > bestor 1.2k > JNS800 > bestor 700 > king 800 from hardest to softest.
Speed: bestor 700, JNS 1k > bestor 1.2k, JNS800 and possibly > king 800 from faster to slower.
Fineness on hagane: I think is on par with JNS1k and bestor 1.2k for hagane, and better than bestor 700 and king 800
Fineness and evenness on jigane as a whole: JNS800 > bester 1.2k > king 800 > bester 700 > JNS 1k

As Maxim said that this stone is a very good candidate for wide bevel knives, I do concur. Jigane color that I got was daker, more even, and seems finer than king 800. Possibly similar in grit and fineness to bestor 1.2k finish, but it is quite a bit easier to get even finish with JNS800.

That's it for now as an initial impression. Thank again Maxim, for another fun toy.

Back