• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or trade mizuno 270 blue steel wa gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labor of love

https://www.teruyasu.net/products/
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going to post pics later on tonight after work. its in very nice condition. recently professionally sharpened. the grind is good, not worn down or anything and the heel has the same height as a new one would be. retails for $360 plus shipping from jck. the d shape handle is left handed however. im asking $250 shipped w/saya or for trade for a kochi 270 gyuto, or some other cool carbon 270 wa gyuto. or whatever. thanks.

i wanted a kochi! the deal hasnt been finalized yet. turbochef offered several nice knives, including a shig petty, marko gyuto and yoshikane suji as full and partial trades. but im probably going to pass on them a just get cash. pretty sure ill just get a new kochi.

Nice knife. I love V2...when done properly, of course.

Agreed, the Kochi V2 I thought was very well done...I've not tried their Blue 2.

knife is sold. fwiw i really liked the miz. im just more of a 55-56mm heel height kind of guy. if you can hang with 50-51mm heel height, then miz is the way to go. i really liked its retention, sharpness and profile. only negative at all would be reactive cladding, which may improve with a built up patina. i cant stand patina so i kept it as clean as i could. im really surprised how much love the ks gets over mizuno. theyre priced closely, but i much prefer miz.

The reactivity of the cladding is the only downside on this knife in my opinion. I want another but I have a low tolerance for brown onions and cabbage.

The reactivity of the cladding is the only downside on this knife in my opinion. I want another but I have a low tolerance for brown onions and cabbage.

after seeing all the Miz pics lately, I want to get one again. :)

I really have not had a problem at all with brown onions, or even cabbage. Did a ton of cabbage for st. pat's day. Not sure if I just have had a great amount of patina build up. But never have had anykind of problem at all.

Latest posts

Back