Quantcast
Personal Gear Sale, Continued.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Gear Sale, Continued....

Ok, guys. I have a knife that I intended on selling a long time ago (two months, or so) that I've been just hanging onto. A friend of mine is wanting to move a Aritsugu A-Type 8" chef knife that has just begun to be "reworked" as they tend to be by guys here. It's pretty much brand new, minus the beginnings of some thinning/sharpening, so it's in a sense ahead of the game.

I believe they sell for around $140, so we are looking for a fair price on it...maybe $125, or so. I'll cover the shipping. I can get pics tomorrow, but it's basically an A-Type. These are really cool knives, and I feel awful about not tackling this project for him, as I had intended.

Thanks guys.

Also, try to talk me out of my ZKramer, and any other knives you are interested in. It might be time to thin the herd.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Ive always been interested in thoes a-types but never had a chance to pay w/ one and theres not room on the wall.

Id be happy to thin and refinish it for either your friend or the new buyer.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Sounds great, assuming the buyer is ok with it! That's a generous offer, and it would be cool for everyone. I dropped the ball on this one. The fact of the matter is I'm focused on my saya and accessories, when I'm not thinking about my wife and our little family, so this slipped through the cracks.

I will also be making a conscious effort to post AT LEAST one or two new items on my site, per week, so start looking back at that old thing on Tuesday.
    09/06

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Sounds great, assuming the buyer is ok with it! That's a generous offer, and it would be cool for everyone. I dropped the ball on this one. The fact of the matter is I'm focused on my saya and accessories, when I'm not thinking about my wife and our little family, so this slipped through the cracks.

I will also be making a conscious effort to post AT LEAST one or two new items on my site, per week, so start looking back at that old thing on Tuesday.
    I know how it is and I don't think that you should beat yourself up for not beating yourself up grinding on this knife. Does your friend definitely want to sell it, or would they consider keeping it it it actually performed well?
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Ok, guys. The A-Type is heading to my man Justin, for some refinishing/thinning, and then it'll be available for $115, shipped from him (I'll cover that, Justin)...unless he ends up wanting to keep it for himself, of course.
    09/06

Also, I am planning on having a bit of a firesale soon. If you know of a piece that I own, and you really really want it, just let me know. I might - just might part with anything....

Also, my site will have two new knives as of Tuesday.

Thanks, as always, guys.
    09/06

Lefty has to make room for his new Calphalon Katana chefs knife.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Hey, I want a beater that makes me think of the old days. Besides, they take a sweet edge!

Dick! Haha
    09/06

Waiting on pics of the A-type. I told my cousin I'd get her a knife for her wedding and this seems perfect

If by some chance your friend and Justin both pass on the A-type, this longtime lurker will gladly buy it. I'll even pass it around if there is interest.