Quantcast
Wife snatched my NAkiri looking for a replacment. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife snatched my NAkiri looking for a replacment.

Awesome score! Make sure and report back with your thoughts.

Cheers
    one man gathers what another man spills...

I love my shig. I'd highly recommend it. The steel sharpens to an incredible edge!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Congrats! An update would be great and some pics too.

[/URL][/QUOTE]

I sent him a wide nakiri 170mm x 60mm

That was really nice of you, crazy price too...

I'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Got the knife in last Thursday and WOW . I have never owned anything this Sharp. Cuts amazingly well. I am going to have to find and stash a good wooden board at work because for some reason it just sticks to the Plastics and push cutting is next to imposibble. I suspect this is due to the blade cutting into the plastic. I have always liked the rough finished look of Takedas and now that I have touched one I can see many more in the future. You guys are also a bad influence as now I want to take the money BKDC saved me and put a nicer handle on it but I fell the Boss (wife) would greatly disapprove.

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Victory View Post
    Got the knife in last Thursday and WOW . I have never owned anything this Sharp. Cuts amazingly well. I am going to have to find and stash a good wooden board at work because for some reason it just sticks to the Plastics and push cutting is next to imposibble. I suspect this is due to the blade cutting into the plastic. I have always liked the rough finished look of Takedas and now that I have touched one I can see many more in the future. You guys are also a bad influence as now I want to take the money BKDC saved me and put a nicer handle on it but I fell the Boss (wife) would greatly disapprove.
    Awesome! Thanks for the update. It's good to hear this all worked out and you are well on your way down the rabbit hole.
    You can remind the Boss that it was her stealing the other one that started all of this.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Looks like a mini chinese cleaver! love the rustic finishes on the takedas

I asked Shosui to send me an extra-wide nakiri so I could have more area to scoop veggies during prepping.

I'm a little bummed that Takeda's new stainless cladding doesn't look as bad-ass and potentially could be inferior with food release.

The extra Wide part explains why it will not fit in "Lord Voldermort's" (saw this in a thread earlier and I think it's a keeper) pre made cardboard sheaths I have laying around. Oh well I get to dust of the dremel and atempt to make a saya.

+ Reply to Thread