• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for: Misuzu 802 dressmaking scissors

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
I know Murray Carter sells Shozaburo scissors (Hitachi White #1), but I'm trying to find dressmaking shears made by a competing company called Misuzu which makes shears in Blue #1 steel and SLD steel. The Blue #1 model 881 is sold on Amazon. However, I'm looking for semi-stainless model 802 dressmaking shears which I can't seem to find. They are made of SLD. The scissors I'm looking for are here:

http://www.misuzu-hasami.co.jp/catalog/raxa/802.html

Does anyone know a Japanese source?

Cartercutlery.com also sells Japanese shears.... He carries a bunch of different kinds... maybe the ones you're looking for are there...

Joe_Breezy

I ended up buying two Shozaburo scissors in 240mm length in case anyone is interested in high quality Japanese shears.

I bought the 'hardened' version which is stamped SLD which is supposed to be designed to cut leather and tougher materials. I do not know the hardness, but it is semistainless and designed for wear resistance.
I also bought the stainless 'Smooser' version, and based on the box markings, it is made out of Ginsanko steel. It's supposedly hardened to HRC60 based on what I've read. They both come extremely well oiled.

I like the 'feel' and that 'swishing' noise of the SLD steel when the shears are meshing, but they both cut amazingly well. If I were to buy another again for all-purpose use, I'd go with the SLD only.

Back