Quantcast
Favorite spoons.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite spoons.

Favorite spoons.

So since there isn't a kitchenspoonforum I thought this would be the appropriate place for this thread. What are your favorite work spoons and why? These are mine, there all awesome and infinitely useful, I've had the top one for 6 years and I get really nuts if it goes missing. God help the cook who steals my spoon.

Interesting topic. Unfortunately I can't see the pic.

Grey Kunz.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    A similar thread has been talked about. Just post this here for some catch up.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ghlight=spoons

This one also leads to other places that have been talked about.
    Chewie's the man.

Aghhh....My favorite subject!

Love the kunz spoon and by far the best spoon I have is the spring tempered Stainless Damascus one Hoss made me.

Loved it so much I got a few more when he made a batch of them, these are his bubble wrap pattern

But I must admit the first Damacus spoon ever made that Ariel made for me gets just as much use if not more, I practically sleep with it.

Two new ones I got from maxim are very nice to, just wish they were a little longer.

A shot of some of my non damascus every day users.

This spoon from JB prince I love and use all the time, have 4-5 on the line and I had Dell make me two Damascus ones like it that I never seem to remember to take pictures of.

These three large (9 1/2" long) antique Victorian era ones I too. They were made in NY from "coin silver" before Sterling became the standard. Coin silver is only 85% pure silver so they are not as reactive as sterling, they are harder and heavier weighing in at 3 oz ea. They were made by Lysander P. Coe and Henderson I. Sawyer of New York, New York. Around 1840.

Badass niloc. Thanks for sharing
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

also a fan of the Kunz spoons here, only the large size, but both straight and perf

Fellow spoon addict as well. Currently using Kunz spoons. Niloc, do you know any of the non-damascus brands that are pictured on the black leather? TIA.