Hello from Florida!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonka1

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals! Glad to have found this place.

Definitely looking forward to learning more about kitchen knives, sharpening, various differences between Japanese steel, etc.

Next two purchases: End-grain Boos cutting board, and a new knife. :):knife:

Welcome. When I get tired of Tampa traffic I head to Orlando.... My folks live in Winter Springs. And Boardsmith is better but Boos ain't bad.

Welcome! Nice to have another floridian among the crew =)

For the price of the Boos, I thought I was getting a pretty fair deal, considering Boardsmiths prices. Which aren't out of this world expensive, but I was able to score an end-grain Maple 20"x15"x2.25" board for $130 shipped. Not too bad.

I DO however look forward to ordering a Walnut board from the Boardsmith for sure! His Walnut boards look so stunning in picture.

Next up - a set of stones to learn how to sharpen. :)

There aren't any local, locals here, are there? Say the Orlando area? Watching sharpening videos can only show me so much. If I have the opportunity to learn from someone local, who knows what they're doing, I'd be ecstatic! :)

If you stick around long enough next summer when I take my vacation I'd be happy to drive up there and show you what I know. I have a few friends in o-town I haven't seen in quite a while.

I certainly plan on being around here for a while! A TON to learn from this site. :)

Latest posts

Back