4th Generation Yoshikane knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzer

Reaction score
Saw this on Rakuten Global at very high prices for a damascus western gyuto. Bolster looks like Shige western. Name is Kazuomi Yamamoto. Yoshis seem to be going down in quality and availability lately, is this a changeover? Anybody have any knowledge of this?

No full knife pic? That's quite strange for any knife, and given the sum of this particular one, even stranger.

I did not mean drop in quality on all they stuff ! Some custom made and high end knives is still super !! However when you order big like i told in that thread then there will be a problem

:plus1:
Expensive, but not out of the ordinary for a western forged integral suminagashi.
You will see western shigs, Honyakis, KD or kitaeji Katos in same price bracket . Hinoura twisted Gyuto will set you for double that , if You are fortunate enough to win lottery and then win Bob Kramers lottery you may get a 240mm gyuto for $$$$$ ...
I don't think any of them are made of gold or will cut 4 times better then $400 gyuto but I do know and appreciate great amount of craftsmanship behind those knives . I don't see myself dropping a grand on a gyuto in near future but they certainly have a market and I am happy for those people who are lucky enough to have them

Latest posts

Back