Quantcast
DC-Area Get-Together in Late Sept/ Early Oct? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DC-Area Get-Together in Late Sept/ Early Oct?

I don't think it can happen for me. One of my sous chefs just quit (via text message).

At this point I'm all for taking a step back and looking towards November for doing this.

We'll see you before the end of September though, as we need to use the Chef's Tasting certificate I got last year by Sept 30.

Is using that certificate any different than any other time you join us? We're changing the menu into fall starting tomorrow, so you're coming in at a great time.

It is different -- it includes wine pairings Looking forward to it.

Guys,

New to forum, and total lurker... I'm just a guy who cooks for fun and likes knives... but if you'll have me, this sort of thing sounds pretty fun.

-Dan

Dan, I'll be revisiting this in the next month or two. It would be nice to line up a day in the Fall. The restaurant pros are usually working on Saturdays and Sundays around here though, so I have was not able to pull this together last year.

But even if it does not happen, there have been a few small meetups at restaurants, etc. this past year, including when some forum members from out of town visited. Places of interest are where some local KKFers work, such as Art & Soul on Capitol Hill (tkern works there), Green Pig Bistro in Ballston (ChucktheButcher) and Zaytinya in downtown DC (ChefCosta). Bill13 and family are often up for something like this, and my availability usually hinges on getting a sitter.

Very cool, I'll follow this thread to see what pops up.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I'm lobbying with the wife right now to try and drive up solo to DC in October for a week or more. There's so much I didn't get to see or do and I owe Travis a few drinks! Hopefully I could work a little while I'm there.
    Anyway, gotta get up with Bill13 and hopefully visit Chuck's since he's back in action.
    DC Rules.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

i plan on visiting DC soon so would be interested in attending, however i would be arriving via train so would need a ride from the amtrak station.

Chris, drive up solo Not. You'll be coming by Raleigh to pick me up first right? I'm down to go back for sure
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.