Thread: FS: well used usuba and yanagi

FS: well used usuba and yanagi

For sale are a well-used Yoshihiro yanagi and usuba, in white #2. both come with a saya. The yanagi is 300mm and the Usuba is 180, I think. These were the very first single bevel knives I ever used. They had wavy grinds, OOTB, and the uras were never very deep. They have been used quite a bit, and aren't pretty, but they are serviceable, and the initial problems with the knives have been functionally fixed (though I never took the time to polish them out, and the Shinogi on the Usuba could use some work) and I think would give somebody who has never used a single bevel knife a good taste of what it's like, both in use and maintenance. Attached are a couple quick phone pics. I'm thinking $40 shipped CONUS for the usuba and $60 shipped CONUS for the Yanagai. $90 if you buy them both. Paypal only. I'm happy to take off the patinas and refresh the edges, if you'd like.

SPF

Sold

holly guacamole, that was fast.

Damn I need these. Wish I would have seen it
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

ahhhh damn would have scooped those right up, and i'm in cincinnati! congrats on the quick sale.