• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: well used usuba and yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
For sale are a well-used Yoshihiro yanagi and usuba, in white #2. both come with a saya. The yanagi is 300mm and the Usuba is 180, I think. These were the very first single bevel knives I ever used. They had wavy grinds, OOTB, and the uras were never very deep. They have been used quite a bit, and aren't pretty, but they are serviceable, and the initial problems with the knives have been functionally fixed (though I never took the time to polish them out, and the Shinogi on the Usuba could use some work) and I think would give somebody who has never used a single bevel knife a good taste of what it's like, both in use and maintenance. Attached are a couple quick phone pics. I'm thinking $40 shipped CONUS for the usuba and $60 shipped CONUS for the Yanagai. $90 if you buy them both. Paypal only. I'm happy to take off the patinas and refresh the edges, if you'd like.

ahhhh damn would have scooped those right up, and i'm in cincinnati! congrats on the quick sale.

Back