Quantcast
i think Murray's out for a bit - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i think Murray's out for a bit

Meh...just a thumb.

Hattori pricing to follow?

All my wishes for his prompt recovery. The guy depends on his hands after all.

Damn!
    That seems like how accidents always happen, not doing something that requires a lot of skill and most people would think is super dangerous (like speed forging w/ fingers inches from the blows), but doing something routine and relatively straightforward but not thinking , and operating on too little time and sleep.
    I suffered an almost identical type of injury once when my thumb got smashed between a trailer hitch and a steel truck bumper. I've had some nasty injuries in my day, but that was far and away the worst pain I've ever felt (it really peaked at about 2am) and took like what felt like forever to heal.

Thanks for sharing the letter Lefty, it's classic Carter: sincere, gracious, and obvious that he holds himself to a very high-standard. Nice that he shared his own pain and embarrassing f-up as a teachable moment and safety reminder for the rest of us. He's a rightfully proud-guy, but clearly not unjustly arrogant.

My thoughts are with him.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

I just saw the letter...very respectable of him. I absolutely wish him the speediest of recoveries, and hopefully his follow up visits won't involve such rough treatment by rookie doctors lol.
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

All the best Murry and hey, your only human like the rest of us. Shite happens!

first of all i looked at the pictures and EW and geez that must hurt.

second I really hope Mr carter is back at it again soon. lefty if you are passing a message back to him tell him its probably life's funny way of forcing him to take a break because I am sure that guy is hard to get to stop working.

You are very likely right! I'll tell him. He told me he hopes to be back at it soon, and with
    Murray, that could be "rub dirt on it and get back out there".
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Get well soon, Murray.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I hope for a quick recovery. I hope the hammer wasn't hurt while making this production.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the letter Lefty, it's classic Carter: sincere, gracious, and obvious that he holds himself to a very high-standard. Nice that he shared his own pain and embarrassing f-up as a teachable moment and safety reminder for the rest of us. He's a rightfully proud-guy, but clearly not unjustly arrogant.
    My thoughts are with him.
    +1
    one man gathers what another man spills...