• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB ~240mm gyuto...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
A colleague recently broke the tip on her CutCo and I've convinced her to explore something better to replace it.

Budget: $130, shipped
Handle: wa or western is fine
material: stainless, semistainless, or stainless-clad
size: ~240mm. a little bigger would be ok.

Uses it for general purpose prep, mostly veg...but some proteins.

Anybody have something? or have something to recommend?

Is she "righty" or "wrongy"? (hehe - couldn't help it)

I like the Suisin Inox Western for intro to good knife. Good knife, doesn't hurt that it looks good too. Some like others in that price range. Next time I'm looking I'll explore Jon's new entry level stainless. Not hard to do better than cutco.

JKI and Korin both have the Suisin western.

Regards,

Dave

Might think about 210 vice 240, esp for a she.

It's to replace a 240, so should be OK there. This was one of the items on my mind....thanks for the confirmation!

Is she "righty" or "wrongy"? (hehe - couldn't help it)

I like the Suisin Inox Western for intro to good knife. Good knife, doesn't hurt that it looks good too. Some like others in that price range. Next time I'm looking I'll explore Jon's new entry level stainless. Not hard to do better than cutco.

JKI and Korin both have the Suisin western.

Regards,

Dave

Might think about 210 vice 240, esp for a she.

I don't have any experience with the suisin, but I liked my carbonext

We'll see how it goes...trying to get her into Korin to take a look at stuff firsthand.

i know my suggestion may be a little above her budget (with approx. 170 USD incl. shipping), but how about Hiromoto AS?

Back