• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Konosuke 270 Funayuki gyuto for same gyuto in 240 + cash

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannynyc

Reaction score
Very shortly after buying my 270mm Konosuke Funayuki (extra flat) gyuto, I realized it was probably going to be too long for me. So I used it minimally, didn't sharpen it, and experimented with some shorter knives. I am now happily using a masamoto ks 240. But I'd still like to have a Kono laser in my collection. If anyone has a 240 Funayuki (I'm not interested in the standard profile Kono) and wants to trade up we can swap with some cash, depending on the condition of your knife (mine is basically new).

One catch: I've recently moved to Canada, so because of expensive shipping to the US and lots of annoying customs BS, it would be a lot easier to do this with someone in Canada. I will be in the US in late September however, so could so the trade with a patient American.

I haven't posted photos because my knife looks like the brand new Kono you can see on line, but am happy to send photos to anyone with a real interest.

Thanks for looking.

Bump. Just thought I'd give this another shot.

How much would you sell for without trade?

Thanks for the economics lesson everyone. :thankyou333: I had considered that, but was trying to avoid transaction costs and, more importantly, the 240s are all sold out.

However, I actually took my knife to Tosho Knife Arts today, and they are going to shorten my knife to about 260mm, which is an ideal outcome anyway.

Thanks for looking!

Kono's 270's are almost identical to Masamotos 240's hehe :D

Back