Quantcast
CJA Edged Art/Scorpion Forge - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CJA Edged Art/Scorpion Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    Son posted one of these days a pic of some crazy narrow gyuto-hiki you've made. Welcome, Cris!
    I think that was my avatar picture lol...the second one I posted pictures of. And yeah its crazy short on the heel lol, even the suji is a couple millimeters taller .
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

really nice stuff. Good work. I too, am Canadian, and out going....and.....anyways I will take a knife whenever works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    Great work! Glad that you could be a part of this community here. I've learned so much from these guys and I am very thankful to be here myself.

I love the style of your knives and can't wait to use one! Keep it up Cris!!
    Thanks Brad, lol. Your comments on Instagram were what got me started on the suji anyhow lol...you bet you'll be able to give it a spin .
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    Great looking stuff. I really like your handles. Damn impressive for the first wood working you've ever done.
    Thanks Chuck!! I think maybe I just got lucky lol, plus after working metal...wood is just a dream to shape. Most of the same principles apply surprisingly enough .

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Really nice stuff, Cris.

So, umm, I'm Canadian, and stuff....
    Quote Originally Posted by Notaskinnychef View Post
    really nice stuff. Good work. I too, am Canadian, and out going....and.....anyways I will take a knife whenever works for you
    I'm sure you gentlemen are great guys, but unless either of you has a friendly sister, cousin, friend...mom?...that compares with this:

I'm gonna have to stick with her getting the knife, lol.

Honestly though...Jae and I've been pretty close for a long time. She's has top notch character, and more importantly respects quality tools that help her with her various jobs and hobbies. I was surprised and...honestly, honored when she asked me to make her a kitchen knife.

You may end up with it in your hands eventually though Tom...she's going to need a saya to match that blinging purple handle lol. Although I suppose you could always go the safe route with the wenge and a dyed sandwich piece =p.

ETA ~ By the way Notaskinnychef...she lives in Victoria as well lol...right on the waterfront if I recall .

Word. Some nice looking tools there.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

About time you crazy fool!

Now I'll have to see the new handle on that beastly suji.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    About time you crazy fool!

Now I'll have to see the new handle on that beastly suji.
    Its in glue up as we speak lol. The wood DID end up being more brown than grey.../sigh! But I think it'll work out ok in the end .

Awesome, you'll have to start a passaround with one of your gyuto's.

Welcome and Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Those look Awesome. I can't wait to see more.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog