Quantcast
CJA Edged Art/Scorpion Forge - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CJA Edged Art/Scorpion Forge

i like that knife a lot. very unique

Quote Originally Posted by dough View Post
    i like that knife a lot. very unique
    The friction folder? Thanks!! It was sort of a new thing for me, lol. I'm glad it turned out the way I intended!

Here's a better/clearer collage of it.

I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

I contacted Cris on Don Fogg's forum and have been working with him on this project and trying my best to answer some questions based on my experience and this is what Cris came up with. Not bad for his first time.lol Good work Cris and Thank you.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I contacted Cris on Don Fogg's forum and have been working with him on this project and trying my best to answer some questions based on my experience and this is what Cris came up with. Not bad for his first time.lol Good work Cris and Thank you.
    Any time Son!! Glad I could be there to make it for you!

And I beat your deadline by a week!!
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

Welllllllll...... I'm not 5' 2" tall, not nearlly that beautiful, however, I do have a boat load of tattoos!

Sneak peek for you all. But first I have to ask........what goes well together?

Why, mizu honyaki and burl of course!!

Special thanks to Myron and Stefan for the stabilized buckeye burl .

Nice Cris!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Repolish and rehandle of the W1 gyuto-hiki from the first page:

Once I get the blade mounted semi permanently (if you look closely the machi isn't tight...that's because the blade is loose in the handle and slips out a bit)...this may end up being my first passaround. I'll have to see what comes up.

Thanks again to Myron and Stefan for the beautiful burl...hopefully I did it justice .

Would love to get in on it if that is the passaround. That would be similar to the one we discussed.

That's a beautiful finish Cris. That subtle, wispy hamon is incredibly pleasing to the eye.

+ Reply to Thread