Quantcast
CJA Edged Art/Scorpion Forge - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CJA Edged Art/Scorpion Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Huey View Post
    Would love to get in on it if that is the passaround. That would be similar to the one we discussed.
    Absolutely! Yours is the first name I thought of when I started considering passing this one instead of making a new one for a passaround lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    That's a beautiful finish Cris. That subtle, wispy hamon is incredibly pleasing to the eye.
    Thanks Don! In hand its ultra visible, but still silvery and wispy. I need to try to set up a dark 'blind' for the blade to reflect in pictures. The hamon will pop plain as day with a dark reflection.
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

I love the rounded butt on the handle. I haven't seen anyone else do that and it looks awesome! Nice work!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    I love the rounded butt on the handle. I haven't seen anyone else do that and it looks awesome! Nice work!
    Sharp eye!!...and thanks man! Its barely visible in these pictures. I've got to say it looks better in person though, lol.
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

Ooooh yeah, just noticed it now. I love me some round and curvy butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Ooooh yeah, just noticed it now. I love me some round and curvy butts.
    Lol!

Here's a picture that shows the butt a little better:

I would absolutely love to be in if this knife makes it to pass around.

That handle is sexy.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    That handle is sexy.
    Thanks brother! I really am proud to say that it looks MUCH better in person. Like ultra high contrast almost (in the figure of the burl). The pictures don't do it justice.

i got a nice cocobolo handle on my takeda that has just turned pretty dark brown and i cant see the figure on anymore. i am really into these lighter colored burls. they are so pleasing to look at.

+ Reply to Thread