Any Welders or Metal Fabrication People Here? Want to trade work for work.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Need help with designing and fabricating two salt pods. Basically will need somebody to fabricate a shell, and will do the rest - insulating, wiring, gas hookup, myself.

If you know somebody who could do the work and trade on his behalf (work it out among yourselves), that would be great, or I could pay somebody for the work, if not interested in a trade. The project is fairly small to get larger fabrication companies interested.

Thank you.

Good luck with the build and make sure you are dealing with a pro not a welding hack (like me). A salt pot is the last thing you want to start leaking at any point and stainless welding can take some practice and skill.

I think Devin can weld me the tube for salt, but the outer shell fabrication I would like to do locally or in North East, due to high shipping cost.

M

Hey Marko, sorry to highjack the thread, but your inbox is full, and I would like to send you a message.

Evidently so. Hopefully I can find some folks locally. It's a pretty small project for a fabrication company to take on and a guy who offers custom-made (through Tim Zovada) is too expensive for this type of project.

Marko, do you still plan on sending me the info? As far as delivery goes, I'm sure we could enlist a KKF member or two who travel the DC/ NY corridor.

I have friends who weld on the pipeline, if you pm me details ill look into it deeper for you. I live in northeastern PA btw.

Cool. I am getting something on paper, so it could be easy to understand.

Dave, will send it to you momentarily.

M

I can probably make a DC to NY pipeline run. My home town of Warwick, NY still has the best pizza I've ever had so a quick shot to Westchester isn't a stretch.

Back