Korin (and me) on Martha Stewart

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;KU8VVtam3ig]http://youtu.be/KU8VVtam3ig[/video]
I was kind of embarrassed about posting this... But here it is. This was taken a year ago, when Ms. Kawano :)begrudgingly: my dear sweet loving mother :angryspin:) decided to tell me that I was going to be on Martha Stewart 2 days before the show aired. Vincent was supposed to be on, but he went on an out of state sharpening demo and my mother forgot... She also new that I would be the only convincing factor to make Mr. Sugai be on TV. :scared1:

I was so scared, then Martha Stewart came on stage (she didn't come to the rehearsal, because well... She is Martha Stewart.)... I admit I felt my heart implode and fan-girl at the same time...

Please excuse any mistakes I made, I was still kind of new.

That's great Mari, thanks for sharing. Did you get an autograph?

Why would you be embarrassed? I'm sure a majority of forum members have fraternized with known felons. :lol2:

That is cool. It could have been worse you could have done it on the Martha Stewart Behind Bars show.

Very cute...I mean, looked good. I mean...nice work, Mari.

Nice work! Congratulations on your national TV appearance!

That's wonderful! It's always great to see the face behind the screen name :D!

Haha I had no idear that Mari was a girl, and a babe at that. Cheers girl! :wink:

You came off as knowledgable , calm and charming.

Very nice job. Hope you are not away from the light for very long.

That's great Mari, thanks for sharing. Did you get an autograph?

No! I really regret not getting an autograph. I only got to really say hello for a brief moment during commercial time. Supposedly she comes to Korin once and a while, so I guess I'll just have to hope she comes in while I'm there. LOL

Thank you all so much!! :D

LOL I find it funny how a lot of people don't know I'm a girl. :doublethumbsup:

Good job Mari! Did it break Sugai-san's heart to use a steel on a Japanese knife? :sad0:

Yes, he didn't want to use it, but so many home cooks use them. We got the biggest reaction from showing how to use a honing steel properly, so I guess it was good.

Very true. A honing steel is ok when used gently and appropriately. You were great, Mari. :)

Oh my goodness, you are all far too kind. Thank you so much.
:O :happymug:

Vincent was backstage stealing cookies from the greenroom.

I was surprised he didn't use a ceramic rod?

Also, am confused about the bottom up stroke, I do top down on my ceramic rod on both sizes...

Is bottoms up on one side advantageous...

I think you're going to get a lot of that...lol.

Although, from one of the other threads I read...it seems many of the guys on this forum have a secret crush on Martha!

:bigeek:

Oh my! Well, she looked exactly how she does on TV. My dad later whisper "she is huge!" though... She towered over us. LOL

Back