• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

R2's and Honyaki for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckTheButcher

Reaction score
I have a few items for sale. A couple have been listed in the past but I am dropping the price.
IMG_0744.jpg

They include,
Jyunichi Takagi 12" Honyaki Yanagiba Sushi Knife Matt Stephen's custom redwood handle $350
Mr.Itou Gyuto 150mm "Walrus Penis Bone Handle" $350
Mr.Itou Gyuto 235mm "Custom Combination Handle"
(Mammoth Tusk Ivory & Turquise & Mammoth Molar Tooth Ivory) $500
Mr.Itou 210mm santoku Mammoth Molar $350
Tanaka 120mm damascus ironwood petty $175

None of the have ever been used. Although the Mr. Itou santoku I sold and in shipping the tip bent slightly. Probably less then 1 mm. It would be an easy fix and I would be happy to do it before shipping out or someone could do them selves. Also the Takagi Honyaki needs work. The blade was finished properly but who ever ground/finished it didn't do a great job. It needs some time on a stone to fix the grind and I don't feel like doing it for a knife I will probably never use.

How can you go wrong with a walrus penis? LOL Where do you even get walrus penis bone? :)

Those are gorgeous knives.... and fabulous prices. I must resist.

I'll take the Tanaka if the deal falls through.

I would have to assume there is only one spot in the world you would get a walrus penis bone, nice knives, glws.

i know i should be able to recognize walrus penis, but is it the second one down?

Only the penis bone left. There is no way to say this properly but it feels great in hand. The nicest Itou handle I've seen.

Well other primates (chimps, gorillas) have a penis bone that helps keep things going. Erectile dysfunction isn't much of a problem among primates. It's curious how man lost his penis bone over time. Is there a distal taper on that Itou walrus bone?

Don't know how to send a pm. But I am interested in what you have for sale. In conus.

terror, u have to have a couple more posts, then u can PM. Just post a few more times on the site then u can PM him.

Posting on top of your last post will not count towards your post count.

[email protected][/
Hello,
I want to buy your Takagi Honyaki knife. Please let me know if it is still available for sale. Thanks
EMAIL]7
I have a few items for sale. A couple have been listed in the past but I am dropping the price.
View attachment 18281

They include,
Jyunichi Takagi 12" Honyaki Yanagiba Sushi Knife Matt Stephen's custom redwood handle $350
Mr.Itou Gyuto 150mm "Walrus Penis Bone Handle" $350
Mr.Itou Gyuto 235mm "Custom Combination Handle"
(Mammoth Tusk Ivory & Turquise & Mammoth Molar Tooth Ivory) $500
Mr.Itou 210mm santoku Mammoth Molar $350
Tanaka 120mm damascus ironwood petty $175

None of the have ever been used. Although the Mr. Itou santoku I sold and in shipping the tip bent slightly. Probably less then 1 mm. It would be an easy fix and I would be happy to do it before shipping out or someone could do them selves. Also the Takagi Honyaki needs work. The blade was finished properly but who ever ground/finished it didn't do a great job. It needs some time on a stone to fix the grind and I don't feel like doing it for a knife I will probably never use.

Hello,
I want to buy your Takagi Honyaki Knife. Do you still have it ? Please let me know.
Thanks

Hello,
I want to buy your Takagi Honyaki Knife. Do you still have it ? Please let me know.
Thanks

Hi, just letting you know that this for sale thread was from August 2013.

Back