View Poll Results: Would there be interest?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i would be interested. Best idea EVER!!!

62 93.94%
  • No... that just seems ridiculous. Stop smoking crack Jon!

4 6.06%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would there be interest?

Sadly, an XL option is not possible with these stones. Many have asked about very coarse stones... i'm currently testing coarse stones similar to this. Sadly, they are much more expensive.

Making a video might be possible... just have to find time, which i dont seem to have a lot of now days.

As far as cutting speed through their lives, they are pretty consistent... they are a tiny bit faster the first 2-3 uses, but then they settle into their normal rate and stay that way throughout the life of the stone.

The naguras will be included with these if we decide to go ahead with this.

At this point, it seems like there is significant interest. Maybe i can make a quick video or something to help people get a better sense of what they are like and then we can set up a small first run (maybe 5-10 sets) and see how they go. How does that sound to you guys?

I am very interested in these stones so please let me know when they become available because I don't want to miss out on the limited run. Thanks,

Laurie

if the run goes well, i am strongly considering permanently adding these to our lineup, so no worries there.

question of opinion for some of you that have expressed interest... Would there be 5 people interested in a test run (not prototypes, but just to gauge interest) of these before i make a video or anything like that? I was thinking that better than me making a video, if we can have other peoples opinions on these aside from my obviously biased views, it might be more helpful. What do you guys think? Would you rather the videos or would you rather the forum testers?

Do we have 5 people for this maybe?

also, for those interested, here is a similar stone that i bought almost 3 years ago and have used A LOT since then. I have never flattened this stone... not once. I've used a nagura on it a bit though. This is how much it dished after all of this:

Even at the most dished point, its less than 1mm of height difference from the highest point... and after YEARS of use.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    question of opinion for some of you that have expressed interest... Would there be 5 people interested in a test run (not prototypes, but just to gauge interest) of these before i make a video or anything like that? I was thinking that better than me making a video, if we can have other peoples opinions on these aside from my obviously biased views, it might be more helpful. What do you guys think? Would you rather the videos or would you rather the forum testers?

Do we have 5 people for this maybe?
    Jon,

I'll volunteer my meager talents.

Rick
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Okay, I'm intrigued. Especially if it's fairly lightweight, it would be something I could easily keep in my kit.

I'd have to give them try first.

I'm down for the test run.

I'm intrigued, but I'm sure there are more worthy people for a test run.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.