Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 180mm or 190mm Ready Made Gyuto in 52100

180mm or 190mm Ready Made Gyuto in 52100

I mentioned in earlier threads that I had ground the whole batch of 225mm gyutos too thin (12 blades), so I am thinking of converting those into 180 or 190mm gyutos and offer them as ready-made.

I set up a form on my site where you guys could sign up and select handle material and lengh.

Link to signup below:

http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....y-chef-s-knife

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

These are slightly discounted, 180mm - $300, 190mm - $315.
    There are 12 knives total, all in 52100.
    Same warranty as on my other knives, plus 7 days return for a full refund.

Thanks,

M

Filled out the form for a 190mm

In for two of the 190's Marko.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

filled out form for 1 190mm!

Nice size for daily use. I'm still all tickly feeling knowing my 240 is coming.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I have enough height at the machi of the 225mm blanks to consider Western handles. Construction would be similar to my D (metal tip, ferrule/no ferrule, handle material, contrasting end cap). Western handle is long overdue, so I might as well start moving in that direction now.

I will limit Western handles to 4 knives out of 12, as I will have to spend more time on these as my D (learning curve). Plus if I do contrasting endcaps, that adds another layer of complexity. First-come-first-serve basis. If you submitted your order and want to change your preferences, send me an email (don't have much space in my KKF inbox) to anvlts@gmail.com.

M

Marko, sorry but my wife just informed me that our deck is going to be replaced and the money for the knives will be going toward that. I will have to reluctantly cancel my order if I want a place to sleep for the next few weeks.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Nice size for daily use. I'm still all tickly feeling knowing my 240 is coming.
    Tom, aren't you lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by ejd53 View Post
    Marko, sorry but my wife just informed me that our deck is going to be replaced and the money for the knives will be going toward that. I will have to reluctantly cancel my order if I want a place to sleep for the next few weeks.
    No problem, Ed -
    Done.

Thanks for those who signed up. I need to rework these knives and put them up for sale, as each has consderable time and effort in them, and by reworking the, I can recover some of the resources invested.