• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT: Heiji 240mm Gyuto, Semi-stainless or Carbon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
So, I have three Heiji 240 gyutos, and I probably don't need three of them. I have a well used, but well thinned and maintained 240mm semi-stainless (it's about 48mm at the heel, and I believe was originally purchased from Jon, but it doesn't have the Gesshin markings), a nearly new 240mm carbon, direct from Heiji-san, and a nearly new 240mm semi-stainless Gesshin Heiji, from Jon. The nearly new knives have had edges touched up, but they haven't been used or sharpened enough to need any thinning at all, and are very thin at the tip and behind the edges. All knives have a saya, though only the nearly new knives have the new neato saya. The two semi-stainless knives have burnt chestnut handles, and the carbon has a stabilized ho wood handle. I'm looking to trade one of the knives for a knife of similar value, perhaps another, and different, 240mm gyuto, or perhaps a 270mm gyuto of some kind, or perhaps a 270mm yanagi. I'd probably much prefer carbon steel, though I really like some tool steel knives, and AEB-L is a steel I have liked, at least the way Devin makes them, and I like knives that have sayas. I'm not really interested in selling any of the three, as I don't have a clear idea of what I would buy with the proceeds. If nothing piques my interest, I'm perfectly happy to keep my knives.

a carter gyuto in the 240mm range would be the first kind of thing to come to mind, as I've only used his sujis and his small knives. *shrug*

I got a likely offer today, but on second thought, I just don't think I can part with any of my Heiji 240s, even if I don't need three of them (and a 270!). Thanks for looking.

I got a likely offer today, but on second thought, I just don't think I can part with any of my Heiji 240s, even if I don't need three of them (and a 270!). Thanks for looking.

:rofl2: might be a smart move. I still miss that first Heiji I had. The other 240 gyutos I've handled didn't have nearly as nice a profile as that one (it had a flatter profile and a slightly pointier tip).

:rofl2: might be a smart move. I still miss that first Heiji I had. The other 240 gyutos I've handled didn't have nearly as nice a profile as that one (it had a flatter profile and a slightly pointier tip).

Heh. I just see myself buying another of whatever it is in two months...

Do you have a trade offer? I've had a good day, so I might take it...

I was just playing around. I have an Ealy 240 mm gyuto in AEB-L that you maybe interested in, but I just got it like 4 days ago so I'd like to use it a bit more before I trade it. Perhaps sometime in the future.

if you ever have the desire to sell the semi stainless, shoot me a pm!

any other interesting gyuto to sell?
i'm looking for a nice 240mm one.

Back