e-Cigs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Founding Member
Reaction score
I just started trying electronic cigs and they are kind of cool. They are not advertised as a way to stop smoking but that is what I am trying to do. I've tried blu and greensmoke. Anyone else going this route or have recommendations for brands? In some ways I prefer these things, the regular ones have a touch of sweetness that is nice and they are more convenient. I wonder if they are really a bit "healthier" or not.

Will we see a return to "smoking" in kitchen?

Might want to do a quick search -- there was a lengthy thread this past year about the e-cigs, including discussions on vendors, flavors, etc.

My dad has been on them for a while. He has been smoking a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaally long time, and these have been great for him. He doesn't hack up as many lungs as he used to.
On another note, I've been a smoker for 20something years and just finished up my 4 months of Chantix. The stuff really works. I've tried a bazillion times, and this stuff really works. I have zero willpower, and it still really works!
Did I mention that it works?
It does give you crazy vivid psycho dreams though.
The kind where you wake up exhausted because you did so much craziness in your sleep.

I used Chantix last time I quit and I was smoke free for three years; then I allowed stress to get the better of me. I kind of found those dreams interesting. My doctor, however, refuses to prescribe the stuff. Too many complaints and difficulty in getting off the drug - so she says. I was on vacation (Ocrocoke) in a non-smoking situation so I bought a bunch of e-cigs and was surprised at how well they work. Glad to hear you are quitting so don't be stupid like me and go back.

Honestly, I look at e-cigs as the lesser of two evils. Nicotine itself is relatively harmless. It's the smoke/additives in regular cigs that do the damage. E-cigs are really just a nicotine delivery device, without the smoke, tar, additives etc... I can't say they are good to use, but I do think they are MUCH healthier alternative to smoking and have helped me avoid the cowboy killers.

I've been able to fully ween myself off of traditional cigs with e-cigs. It's been, around say, 6 months since my last smoke. And truth be told, I don't even puff the ecig until evening time with a libation.

And I'm afraid of Chantix. I've known two people to use it, and both ended up in the hospital with serious complications. But that's one of those YMMV situations.

My wife and I have been vaping, (What people refer to when using Personal Vaporizers or Ecigs instead of being a smoker) for about 3 1/2 years. We tried the Chantix and it scared her. It works for some, but is harder for others from what I gather. There is a whole world surrounding E-cigs. Was not going to randomly mention it, but we have a small business involving them and a little invention I made for them lol.

Congrats on trying to quit and however you decide to do it, just keep with it.

Back