Quantcast
Boardwax / Handlewax Sale - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boardwax / Handlewax Sale

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    Applied this to a board and some wooden utensils today, great texture on this formulation.
    I think you've got the proportions figured out Dave.
    Not only is this a better product than my attempt, but the Mrs thanks you for sparing the mess in our kitchen this time

My Mrs doesn't care for the mess either.

Thanks for the feedback!

Whups! Got mine - Thanks Dave. Sorry I forgot. Now I have to read up how to use it... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by GeneH View Post
    Whups! Got mine - Thanks Dave. Sorry I forgot. Now I have to read up how to use it... *sigh*

"To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better."

Thank you Gene!

Also good when you're done with the knife handles to rub the excess on dry elbows and knees. If Dave started putting fragrance in it, you could buy it for your spouse then steal some for your knives.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Also good when you're done with the knife handles to rub the excess on dry elbows and knees. If Dave started putting fragrance in it, you could buy it for your spouse then steal some for your knives.

My wife asked me for some of this stuff scented so I made her a jar with peppermint oil added. She loves the stuff when her hands get chapped, she puts this stuff on, slips her hands into some fancy white cotton gloves, and hits the sack. Such decadence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    My wife...puts this stuff on, slips her hands into some fancy...gloves, and hits the sack. Such decadence!
    TMI.

Ok, I should NOT have posted that.

I making up a big batch this weekend so I'll have extras for sale. Will ship next Mon 27th or Tues 28th

I'm offering them here only (not available in our store).

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix
    This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks here in PA) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

Uses
    Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles. This wax works especially well on Japanese ho wood handles and sayas. It pulls the dirt out while leaving behind a protective barrier.

To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better.

Comes packaged in a "wide mouth" glass canning jar.

Sizes & Costs
    There are two sizes available, 8oz & 16oz

8oz - $9.00
    16oz - $17.00

Purchasing
    To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.

USPS Priority shipping will be used as the carrier.

Limited quantity available!

Not to undercut future sales, but in general, this is roughly half wax half mineral oil? I have made a few small amounts for single days use on my stuff but have been thinking if trying larger amounts and wanted to see if anyone has certain suggestions or links to throw out there

PM sent for small jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Notaskinnychef View Post
    Not to undercut future sales, but in general, this is roughly half wax half mineral oil? I have made a few small amounts for single days use on my stuff but have been thinking if trying larger amounts and wanted to see if anyone has certain suggestions or links to throw out there

It's more like 3/4 mineral oil to 1/4 wax

+ Reply to Thread