D. Martell Boardwax / Handlewax Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
I needed some boardwax for myself but it's not something that I can just do for one jar so I made up a big batch and decided to sell the extras. I'm offering them here only (not available in our store).

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix
This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks here in PA) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

P1010135resized2_zpsb21502ee.jpg

Uses
Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles. This wax works especially well on Japanese ho wood handles and sayas. It pulls the dirt out while leaving behind a protective barrier.

To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better.

Comes packaged in a "wide mouth" glass canning jar.

Sizes & Costs
There are two sizes available, 8oz & 16oz

8oz - $9.00
16oz - $17.00

Purchasing
To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.

USPS Priority shipping will be used as the carrier.

Limited quantity available!

PS - for those of you who have purchased this from us in the past, this batch is going to be a smoother easier to apply formulation (like that fancy word, eh?). I've been tweaking the recipe over time and now have what I feel is a good blend going on that provides good protection while being easy to apply.

For those of you who are curious about this stuff let me assure you that it works great, especially on handles. Unless you're a turtle or some other long-lived creature one jar will probably last you a lifetime too.

All jars of boardwax have been sold so his sale is officially closed!

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Dang, just missed out..

How often do you put these jars up for sale? I'd definitely be interested in acquiring a 8oz jar!

Thanks,

-Nick

DANG! Well, I'll save my $9 now, for when this becomes available in the year 2015. Lol

Used Dave's product on Boardsmith cherry board and Stefan's handle in the pic at left and they brightened up - kinda don't want to cut on the board :biggrin:
Waxed all cutting boards and a knife block. Old boards got a 2nd coat - all look great.
Also did 2 handles and sayas - 1 got darker and glossy the other stayed the same color but shinier.

Definitely need to start getting the pennies out of the sofa cushions to save up for next time!

Nice. Will you be offering the Boardwax in the same 8 & 16 oz sizes?

Can I pre-order 1 of the 16oz jars and 1 of the 8 oz jars if those are the sizes available?

Lol. Just got finished doing that before I saw your reply. Looking forward to trying it out. If it lasts as long as they say then I should be good for a little while..... hopefully.

Dangit! Just received some "board butter" from the BoardSMITH. I guess I'll have to place an order for some of this when it becomes available, and be done ordering "board wax" for the next 10 years.. lol

Dave, when this becomes available again, can you update this thread so I can get in touch with you?

Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

-Nick

Dangit! Just received some "board butter" from the BoardSMITH. I guess I'll have to place an order for some of this when it becomes available, and be done ordering "board wax" for the next 10 years.. lol

Dave, when this becomes available again, can you update this thread so I can get in touch with you?

Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

-Nick

Will do Nick

FYI - David BoardSMITH's board butter is the same stuff with a different consistency. His is a liquid where mine is a wax. David's butter soaks in quicker and I'm sure deeper where mine is a surface treatment.

Will do Nick

FYI - David BoardSMITH's board butter is the same stuff with a different consistency. His is a liquid where mine is a wax. David's butter soaks in quicker and I'm sure deeper where mine is a surface treatment.

Hmm.. so they can work in a synergistic way? Board butter for penetration say every 3-4 weeks, and your "wax" , say every 2 weeks or so? What do you think?

Hmm.. so they can work in a synergistic way? Board butter for penetration say every 3-4 weeks, and your "wax" , say every 2 weeks or so? What do you think?

Well it's going to come off as me looking like a salesman on this one but I'll answer yes anyway since it might be a great way to go.

I'll be making up a new batch tonight. Some are already accounted for but the remainder will be up for grabs. If you're interested please shoot me a Pm or email along with your email address & zip code and we'll get you an invoice sent out.

Thanks for all the interest folks!

Dave

I'm making another batch of these today so if you're interested please see below...
:)

P1010135resized2_zpsb21502ee.jpg

Sizes & Costs
There are two sizes available, 8oz & 16oz

8oz - $9.00
16oz - $17.00

Purchasing
To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.

USPS Priority shipping will be used as the carrier.

Limited quantity available!

OK, so I just finished making up the last batch I'll be doing for the foreseeable future. I already have orders leaving only 2 - 16ozrs but I have a bunch of 8ozrs.

Thanks for all the interest on this folks. :thumbsup:

So I have been up for nearly 36 hours and I read the thread title of this as broad axe... only if :viking:

Applied this to a board and some wooden utensils today, great texture on this formulation.
I think you've got the proportions figured out Dave. :thumbsup:
Not only is this a better product than my attempt, but the Mrs thanks you for sparing the mess in our kitchen this time :)

Latest posts

Back