Quantcast
My new mill - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new mill

Congrats Devin. That thing should do the trick!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

You have all the best toys.

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    How are you going to learn how to use the CNC?
    These were made for first time cnc users and are supposed to be user friendly. It came with some tutorials which will get me started. I've also contacted a recent graduate from the near-by university to see if he will help me. He has a degree in machining technology and design and is currently working in a machine shop. Anyway that's the plan.

Thanks everyone.

Hoss

Congrats on an awesome piece of kit!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I'm not the handiest man in the world...

What does that machine do?

It's used for cutting/milling slots, arcs, holes, pockets, grooves, angles etc. in metal, synthetics or wood. It can also be used as a drill press. This one is automated so you can set up a program and repeat steps to make parts. Mills and lathes are the two most common machines in a machine shop.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
    I'm so far from a mill its not even funny lol.

Marko, maybe if you wipe mine, and I wipe yours...and we use both hands, we can keep up.
    Yes, it will be semi-automated wiping of the drool. LOL.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

hehe Mark, I thought Devin hired Johnny 5 as a shop hand. Looks like it will come in handy to have around. I used to work a bigass CNC table when I was younger, wasn't my idea of fun, had to return to the kitchen. They are very cool though, mine had a computer, that like Devin said you set a program, and I would cut EXIT all day for exit signs, or something else. Occasionally the guy who ran the shop would cut something cool out just for fun, and it always got me thinking, (I like to draw, so this seemed cool when I was a kid, but the work wasn't). I'm sure you will get some good use out of this one Hoss, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    It's used for cutting/milling slots, arcs, holes, pockets, grooves, angles etc. in metal, synthetics or wood. It can also be used as a drill press. This one is automated so you can set up a program and repeat steps to make parts. Mills and lathes are the two most common machines in a machine shop.

Hoss
    That's awesome. Thanks.

Sponsors

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    hey Hoss, I hate to see you all bogged down with coding and programming etc... So I thought think that I can get my son to do all that for you. Of course the mill will have to be put in my shop while he does all this for you......Oh for free of course

+ Reply to Thread