My new mill

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
I lucked into this one. It's a 2002 Bridgeport EZ Trak 3 axis cnc mill. It has never been run, except for start up procedures.

I haven't made room for this yet, and I have no idea how to run a CNC mill.

I plan on doing some western handles and maybe some folding knives with it.

Hoss

001.jpg

002.jpg

Sweet! We had a Bridgeport in our shop back when I was gainfully employed, and it was a NICE piece of equipment.

I'm so far from a mill its not even funny lol.

Marko, maybe if you wipe mine, and I wipe yours...and we use both hands, we can keep up.

How are you going to learn how to use the CNC?

These were made for first time cnc users and are supposed to be user friendly. It came with some tutorials which will get me started. I've also contacted a recent graduate from the near-by university to see if he will help me. He has a degree in machining technology and design and is currently working in a machine shop. Anyway that's the plan.

Thanks everyone.

Hoss

I'm not the handiest man in the world...

What does that machine do?

It's used for cutting/milling slots, arcs, holes, pockets, grooves, angles etc. in metal, synthetics or wood. It can also be used as a drill press. This one is automated so you can set up a program and repeat steps to make parts. Mills and lathes are the two most common machines in a machine shop.

Hoss

hehe Mark, I thought Devin hired Johnny 5 as a shop hand. Looks like it will come in handy to have around. I used to work a bigass CNC table when I was younger, wasn't my idea of fun, had to return to the kitchen. They are very cool though, mine had a computer, that like Devin said you set a program, and I would cut EXIT all day for exit signs, or something else. Occasionally the guy who ran the shop would cut something cool out just for fun, and it always got me thinking, (I like to draw, so this seemed cool when I was a kid, but the work wasn't). I'm sure you will get some good use out of this one Hoss, have fun.

It's used for cutting/milling slots, arcs, holes, pockets, grooves, angles etc. in metal, synthetics or wood. It can also be used as a drill press. This one is automated so you can set up a program and repeat steps to make parts. Mills and lathes are the two most common machines in a machine shop.

Hoss

That's awesome. Thanks.

hey Hoss, I hate to see you all bogged down with coding and programming etc... So I thought think that I can get my son to do all that for you. Of course the mill will have to be put in my shop while he does all this for you......Oh for free of course:hungry:

Nice cnc mill Hoss. that one should not be a problem for you to understand, Unless your an old dog that cant learn new tricks :justkidding: im a cnc engineer (Computerized Numerical Control:)) and that one you got is a similar one i used back in my cnc education. wish you the best luck with it.

Back