Finger Stones?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerSnap

Reaction score
I get and understand stones for the most part, but I don't claim to be any type of guru.
Most of it all started from shaving with a Straight razor many many years ago, dad word working, etc.

But finger stones I don't know a thing about or how they are used?
I did search but nothing is explaining this to me.

Thanks in advance,
Shamus

I did check out teh JNS site on this, but its vague on the actual reason?
Great you do this, that, glue it, but I need the how come?

Like 240 stone: cut steel fast,
1K sharpen,
10K polish hone, etc......

I did check out teh JNS site on this, but its vague on the actual reason?
Great you do this, that, glue it, but I need the how come?

Like 240 stone: cut steel fast,
1K sharpen,
10K polish hone, etc......

One reason: If you've ever tried to put a flade surface on a flat stone, you'll know that it usually isn't completely flat, so it leaves variations in the finish on the knife. Fingerstones often help to even out the polish of a singel bevel or a wide bevel, where you care about aesthetics since they conform to the high and low spots on the bevel.

Vinster: Thanks. Now it is all clear to me and makes perfect sense. :) Sometimes I need the obvious spelled out to me to make it all click.

Whoops. I just noticed all my typos. Sorry! That's what I get for typing from my phone. Is there a way to edit notes?

Who cares about the typos as long as the points are clear, and they where. Believe me 5 years as a support manager I don't even look at it ;)

**Side note: Before Iphone I could punch random numbers and get crystal clear sentences. Now I get the most messed up text in this convoluted system.**

:)

Latest posts

Back