Quantcast
Help finding a Saya for my knife
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help finding a Saya for my knife

Question Help finding a Saya for my knife

Hello, everyone I am a super noob with knives the best thing i have ever owned is a Chicago Cutlery. Recently I was given as a gift a Shun Premier 8" Knife. I know it's not a favorite among the Pros and gets much disdain ( )from what i have been reading, but to me coming from the chicago Cutlery walmart edition it feels like a Samurai sword and i think is Beautiful piece so please, bear with me!

Does Anyone know of a Saya from another Manufacturer that would fit the Shun Premier 8" chef knife? I would really appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction and if you want to trow a couple of advice for noob I'm totally up for that!

The profile of the Shun Premier makes it almost certain that you will have to have a custom saya made.

Rick
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

How much are you willing to spend. You might be better of with a reliable knife guard.

The fat belly of shun chef means it is unlikely that you can find an aftermarket saya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    How much are you willing to spend. You might be better of with a reliable knife guard.
    I agree. You could probably buy a good knife guard for a tenth of the price of a saya. If you're just looking to protect the blade when it's in the drawer a knife guard is the way to go.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm up for whatever is going to help protect my blade.

Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

If you can find one, the Shun magnetic guard does a great job of protecting your blade:

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

I have a Bladesafe on one of my beaters...I think I'd take a pass on it. The magnetic one looks cool, though.

Oh, by the way, owning a Shun is nothing to be embarrassed about; You have a knife that is much better than average. Enjoy it!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Yeah the magnetic ones work well. I picked some up for the Wife's Wusthofs. The Wusthof brand ones had bad reviews for wearing out quickly.