Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recurving on a knife

Recurving on a knife

I've got a knife thats been pretty well used, and I've recently been noticing that its gotten a slight recurve, about half an inch from the bottom edge. Its causing some accordioning when I'm cutting.

I want some advice how would be best to remedy it, and also how to avoid it happening in the future?

Pics please?

I'm off today, and the knife is at work. If I remember tomorrow I can get a pic, but there isn't really much to see. Its really only just forming and you can't see much, but I can feel it when I'm cutting

just needs more work to flatten the part that's getting the belly to flatten it so when you cut it doesn't accordion.

=D

Is it a German/French knife with a full bolster?

That can be caused by many things, including putting too much pressure or spending too much time on the affected area.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

No bolster, got it from someone here. I think there was a very slight issue when I got it that I've exaggerated over the time I've had it. Is the best way to fix it to sharpen infront of the affected area, or behind, closer to the handle?

Need pix to see whether it is a protruding heel, a neglected fingerguard, an oversteeled section, or an overgrind, and act accordingly.

As I said I'll get a pic tomorrow, but the knife doesn't have a fingerguard, and I'm pretty sure given the knife that it won't have an overgrind from the maker. I believe that it may be from steeling, or maybe neglected getting the final area when sharpening.

Belated pictures