Quantcast
YouTube Cutting Videos
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Cutting Videos

YouTube Cutting Videos

Thought this would be the site to ask about YouTube videos that show how to properly cut common food items in the kitchen. Onions, leeks, carrots, potatoes, green onions, garlic, etc.

Except, I know that everyone wants to be an acclaimed "YouTube Expert" - I thought I'd ask some real experts here, to which videos I should take a closer look at, to improve my cutting skill and technique.

Goals: Improve skill and technique with basic, every day food items. I don't seek the flashy cutting speed all YouTuber's upload, I just want to make great cuts without damaging/bruising food, while maintaining all my fingers.

Which has lead me here; a lot of the videos I've seen, people mince garlic in like .06 seconds and I can't quite see the cuts they are making to get the desired end result. Just how fast one can peel and dice an onion in 4.73 seconds. lol

Hopefull 'ya'll can lead me in the right direction.

I know a guy who might be able to help.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I know a guy too, only he doesn't update his channel nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka1 View Post
    Thought this would be the site to ask about YouTube videos that show how to properly cut common food items in the kitchen. Onions, leeks, carrots, potatoes, green onions, garlic, etc.

Except, I know that everyone wants to be an acclaimed "YouTube Expert" - I thought I'd ask some real experts here, to which videos I should take a closer look at, to improve my cutting skill and technique.

Goals: Improve skill and technique with basic, every day food items. I don't seek the flashy cutting speed all YouTuber's upload, I just want to make great cuts without damaging/bruising food, while maintaining all my fingers.

Which has lead me here; a lot of the videos I've seen, people mince garlic in like .06 seconds and I can't quite see the cuts they are making to get the desired end result. Just how fast one can peel and dice an onion in 4.73 seconds. lol

Hopefull 'ya'll can lead me in the right direction.
    Wonka,

Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/pcckitchen
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Wonka,

Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/pcckitchen

Thank you. Watching most of them a few times.

then thanks theory for the videos

Rick, looking for an apprentice?
    Pretty please!

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I like to watch Hiro Terada videos. The sound of him cutting veggies is very soothing to me for some reason

Said this in another thread, but theory and salty's vids, were my knife usage education. Since your watching theory's I'd suggest take a look at these when your done.

Hiro Terada is awesome. I only saw two of his videos. Do you know of any more?

Both suggestions (Salty vid &
    Hiro Terada) are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread