YouTube Cutting Videos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonka1

Reaction score
Thought this would be the site to ask about YouTube videos that show how to properly cut common food items in the kitchen. Onions, leeks, carrots, potatoes, green onions, garlic, etc.

Except, I know that everyone wants to be an acclaimed "YouTube Expert" - I thought I'd ask some real experts here, to which videos I should take a closer look at, to improve my cutting skill and technique.

Goals: Improve skill and technique with basic, every day food items. I don't seek the flashy cutting speed all YouTuber's upload, I just want to make great cuts without damaging/bruising food, while maintaining all my fingers. :)

Which has lead me here; a lot of the videos I've seen, people mince garlic in like .06 seconds and I can't quite see the cuts they are making to get the desired end result. Just how fast one can peel and dice an onion in 4.73 seconds. lol

Hopefull 'ya'll can lead me in the right direction.

I know a guy who might be able to help.

I know a guy too, only he doesn't update his channel nearly enough ;)

Thought this would be the site to ask about YouTube videos that show how to properly cut common food items in the kitchen. Onions, leeks, carrots, potatoes, green onions, garlic, etc.

Except, I know that everyone wants to be an acclaimed "YouTube Expert" - I thought I'd ask some real experts here, to which videos I should take a closer look at, to improve my cutting skill and technique.

Goals: Improve skill and technique with basic, every day food items. I don't seek the flashy cutting speed all YouTuber's upload, I just want to make great cuts without damaging/bruising food, while maintaining all my fingers. :)

Which has lead me here; a lot of the videos I've seen, people mince garlic in like .06 seconds and I can't quite see the cuts they are making to get the desired end result. Just how fast one can peel and dice an onion in 4.73 seconds. lol

Hopefull 'ya'll can lead me in the right direction.

Wonka,

Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/pcckitchen

I like to watch Hiro Terada videos. The sound of him cutting veggies is very soothing to me for some reason

Said this in another thread, but theory and salty's vids, were my knife usage education. Since your watching theory's I'd suggest take a look at these when your done. [video=youtube;Rx1U-bja3i8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx1U-bja3i8[/video]

Hiro Terada is awesome. I only saw two of his videos. Do you know of any more?

Both suggestions (Salty vid &
Hiro Terada) are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :)

Check YouTube out for some Martin Yan vids. He always cuts with a cleaver and he's a bit of a goofball but you can pick up a lot of good techniques on how to prep produce efficiently.

Check YouTube out for some Martin Yan vids. He always cuts with a cleaver and he's a bit of a goofball but you can pick up a lot of good techniques on how to prep produce efficiently.

Thanks for the suggestion. After I became more comfortable improving technique and speed, I would like to puchase a thin style cleaver. But I have a lot of time until that purchase.

I'll take a look at the vidoes tomorrow. Its the start of the NFL season tonight! :)

I know a guy too, only he doesn't update his channel nearly enough ;)

I heard he just became the executive chef at The Stockton Inn and gets home around midnight these days. :O

I heard he just became the executive chef at The Stockton Inn and gets home around midnight these days. :O

Just set up a live feed of your prep area, assuming you're still doing prep? It's a little frustrating that the further up the ladder one climbs, typically the further one gets away from cutting:/

I'm still on the grind. Hand me that motorcycle helmet, I'ma show these kids what to do.

Hi Rick,

Just checked out some of your videos and I felt compelled to join the forum to tell you how good they are!
Thanks for uploading them, I know I will enjoy going through all of them :thumbsup:

Wow thanks! Glad to have you on board here. I need to upload more I know.

Back