• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for some perfect Queinelle Spoons

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravy Power

Reaction score
Aprroximately 4-6. Anything that you find ideal. I you have some and woul like to sell, let me know. If you have a source when I can purchase some, do the same. FYI, looking to do single-spoon quinelle's out of a quart deli container.

Thanks,
Shane

You just need some hiphop and a cutey holding the spoon...

[video=youtube_share;wH0s6Xxfnyw]http://youtu.be/wH0s6Xxfnyw[/video]

These are what some would call "backwards," in that the round end of the quenelle is at the end and not by the stem. They make a beautiful quenelle with a great shape although I had to adjust the angle of the stem to get it right. This is a kinda small spoon, more of a tasting spoon to me than a plating spoon, I'd say about a tablespoon would fill the bowl, maybe 4 tsp.
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/plating-spoon/

whatever bouchon uses as their tableware is quite possibly the best spoon shape i've ever seen... i'll try to take a picture next time.

hmmm, I am a spoon nut and I never even noticed Bouchon's spoons. I have one of Maxim's, and although I am no queneller it looks like it would do the business.

These two spoons by Robert welsch are the best I have found, nice and heavy, and with the shape of the bowl of the spoon the point of the quenelle (rocher) will face you.
null_zpsb5f93d99.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome.. Thanks. Jon next time you go to Bouchon you should take a picture of two of the spoons, then send it to me with my along with my Kochi after I ship it to you to be thinned :wink:

Are you talking about TK's Bouchon or the one in Santa Barbara?

I had great results with the OG Lady Hamilton spoons .
The original oneida 1932 lady hamilton design is a great quenelle spoon (but the technique can only be improved by practice).I am reffering to one hand quenelles .

A great idea is to practice with a container full of butter and or a container full of practice ice cream . In a few weeks your quenelles are gonna look picture perfect

A great source for this is the internet of course but you will have great luck if you go to thrift and antique stores to look around . If you are lucky you will find a bunch of different things you might like as well for plating etc .And of course the spoons in an antique store can be very very cheap (depending).
oneida_lady_hamilton_silverplate_1932_teaspoon_P0000072871S0065T2.jpg

If you're looking for a good large and small quenelle
spoons go to world cost plus market

Back