Japanese Knives Diamond Stone Set Initial Run Signup

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Alright... heres my plan. It seems there are way more than 5 people who want to order these. I'm ok with that. I'm going to order the first run of these next monday. If you are interested in getting a set, please send me an e-mail with the subject "diamond stone set order". We will be charging 1/2 the total at the time the order is placed. When the stones get here (which shouldnt take too long), we will invoice you for the second 1/2 and get them shipped out. Because of the nature of this first order, we will not be able to accommodate any cancelations or returns on this first run. The price for the set will be $300 (the actual price when they go up for sale on the website may be about $10-15 higher). These stones will not come with boxes, so we will pack them very well.

Each set will include the following things:
1 1000 grit diamond stone
1 6000 grit diamond stone
2 naguras for diamond stones
1 stone holder (like the ones pictured in the video.... you may also see this type of stone holder up for sale on our website at some point soon)

Lets see how this goes.

-Jon

*if there are more orders than i can deal with, i may need to cap this... i'll keep you posted.

Jon,
When is the cutoff time for ordering one of the sets?

Thanks. Off to find some stuff to sell...

down to the last 2 spots...

if this keeps going like this, i might not have to wait until monday to order... i might be able to get them ordered today

also, i'm holding off on sending out invoices until i've got this filled up. I hope thats ok with you guys.

-Jon

Did you get my email? I didn't have your address saved on my phone so I sent it through the website contact

-Sam

.... i want to put my name on a waiting list for diamond necklace and ring.

Jon, looks like you are in trouble.... Time to start shopping. (I only say this or comment on this thread because you know who doesn't ever look at this site)

-Chuck

This one is now closed. Thanks to everyone for signing up... invoices will be coming shortly.

@paco got it

Completely off-topic but... LOL I was literally in tears after watching the video linked from your "Don't you know who I am?".
Awesome! :rofl2:

Sara is funny. She's a keeper, Jon!

i'm always too late, sounds like an interesting package, i'll just have to wait until they're on the site!

If anyone drops out, I'll fill the spot!

yeah.. remember that if this goes well and people are happy with what i am selling, i plan on adding this full time to the site, so no one will have to wait. Really sorry for those who missed out on this.

As a side note, i was surprised at how fast this went. I'm always nervous about offering expensive options like this, as i'm not sure others will see the same value in this that i do. I am always testing things like this though, and even sometimes bring in some of these options in small batches for customers and fellow sharpeners. For example, i have an 800 girt diamond stone in right now that soaks like a regular stone, cuts crazy fast (faster than the 1k in this by a decent bit), and is followed up nicely by the gesshin 6k. The downsides are that it is $400 for a 3mm thick plate of this, which will then need to be mounted to something.

If these is interest in the projects like this that i often do, let me know, and i am happy to make them more publicly available. Its not that i'm trying to hide things... i just feel like most people wouldnt have the same interest in these kinds of products. Thats the main reason why this came up... it was the first time i could offer something like this at a price that wouldnt blow everyone's minds. I've spent way more than this on a single synthetic stone before (and i know people spend this on naturals, but in my mind, its a different game).

It's pretty crazy that there's a market for these type of products in Japan at all. Can I assume that there's a ton of expensive stones that are not necessarily aimed at the cutlery market such as tools and such?

At this point, I think you might as well start selling sharpening wheels, LOL.

there are quite a few things aimed at professionals that arent in high production... also, you'd be surprised by what high end pro chefs will spend on their tools and things to care for them

It's pretty crazy that there's a market for these type of products in Japan at all. Can I assume that there's a ton of expensive stones that are not necessarily aimed at the cutlery market such as tools and such?

At this point, I think you might as well start selling sharpening wheels, LOL.

I asked a while back about when he would be featuring his big wheel for sale on the web site, I'm, still waiting

there are quite a few things aimed at professionals that arent in high production... also, you'd be surprised by what high end pro chefs will spend on their tools and things to care for them

Exactly my point. And there are some of use who want access to that niche market

Busy week, finished up with a double yesterday and didn't keep a close eye on the board. Missed this one, but I'm very interested. Jon, please keep us posted on future runs or if you add them to the regular stock list.

as an update to all who have ordered stones, they are officially on the way from Japan as we speak

pretty sure these arrived today... gonna check the boxes tomorrow and notify everyone

as a side note, there was some talk in these diamond stone threads about other super high end products like these, so i thought i'd let you guys know that i'm testing more stuff like this... just got some new "toys" tonight and gonna start testing tomorrow. If i like them, they will end up being a bit more expensive than the stones in this run, but they have potential to fill a much needed gap for serious sharpeners on the low end of the grit spectrum. So, you guys asked to know when i do things like this, and now you know. Testing begins tomorrow ;)

Latest posts

Back